Did Jesus fart?

lizard_brain

This question came up on a running forum I was on recently, but was nixed by the uptight mods. But I thought it was valid and intriguing.

The mods were okay with the topic of farting until the subject of Our Savior came up along with it (I think someone said "Oh, Holy Jesus", and it went from there), and some PC tightass (no pun intended) got offended.

The world wants to know.

Did Jesus fart?

:confused:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two ways to look at this important theological issue; either from a religious, or from a secular point of view.

First of all we need to establish that fact that Jesus was a person who really did walk the earth. I am not going to go into details about this. Instead I am going to assume Jesus was a real person.

Now, from a religious point of view; Judaism, Islam, and Christianity all agree that Jesus did exist and walked the earth. Judaism, and Islam look at Jesus as a prophet of God; a human who walked on the earth.

So let’s look at this from a Christian point of view. God and humans are separated by human’s sin. God needed to reconcile this separation. God could not bring humans into his realm as God is perfect and with out fault. So God needed to come into the human realm. That is God needed to become human in order to reconcile humans to God. God was manifested as a human in the form of Jesus.

So, following our logic class from collage, Philosophy 120, we can make the reasonable argument. All humans fart. Jesus was a human. Therefore Jesus farted.

So from a secular point of view; either Jesus existed or Jesus did not exist. If we assume the point of view that Jesus actually did exist then we can assume that he did actually fart. (Please note the above argument)

At this point please allow me to digress. Based on the argument; all humans fart, Jesus was a human, therefore Jesus farted, the only way we can assume that Jesus did not fart is if he were not human. But even then it is a logical fallacy. All humans fart, Jesus was not a human, therefore Jesus did not farted. So allow me to make the provisional assumption that Jesus was God, and only God and never human. Then we can make the logical argument that God does not fart. Jesus is God. Therefore Jesus did not fart.

Now, if we assume that Jesus never did exist then we can not assume he was only a god, and therefore must assume that he was a fictitious human. Therefore he must have had a fictitious fart.

And from the smell of this post I would guess that is the best possible result.

I hope I have shed some fresh air on this ponderous subject.

This question came up on a running forum I was on recently, but was nixed by the uptight mods. But I thought it was valid and intriguing.

The mods were okay with the topic of farting until the subject of Our Savior came up along with it (I think someone said "Oh, Holy Jesus", and it went from there), and some PC tightass (no pun intended) got offended.

The world wants to know.

Did Jesus fart?

farts precede shit, and you exist. there's your proof.

The world wants to know.

Did Jesus fart?

farts precede shit, and you exist. there's your proof.

:confused: I'm confused. Are you saying that Lizard_Brain was, in fact, shat from Jesus?

I think the bigger question is not whether Jesus farted, of course He did. The real question should be if they stunk.

Well we can deduce that since my farts don't stink and I am not god, then Jesus' farts must not have stank either.

We can conversly deduce that since you can smell Feck's farts from Florida, Satan's farts do stink.