coquihalla conditions

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I went up the fraser canyon to climb some ice, just past hells gate there was a coll loking climb but it had a bug hole in it and you would probably die or something if you attempted it, I ice bouldered around Lake of the Woods and then soloed some ice at the juction of hwy 9 anf hwy 7 in Agassiz... fun stuff there

ski tour in the Coq today..Nak peak area. standing on my skis the snow was up to my waste. tuff slug up but well worth it. some snowpack issues.. three or four settlements (whumpfs) on the up track. indicates instability. test results producing easy shears on south aspect in new snow. on east aspect failures on facets down 55cm. there is buried surface hoar down 75ish that i have been tracking since it was buried on jan. 26 it has not been reactive to any tests yet. but one must know its out there, I am sure it will start reacting once the snowpack starts to settle and consolidate. ski with caution this weekend.

Chris.