Heads up for skinny dyneema sling owners...

JosephH

Got me thinking about my vintage harnesses. Although they have been stored indoors, inside heavy dark plastic/rubbermaid tubs, they are pushing 20 years old. We all remember what happened to Todd Skinner not to long ago. I suppose I should step up to a harness at least from this century. None of them are even faded though. Any thoughts or data on this?

Yeah - Is your life worth 40 bucks?

Can I be in your will?

PM me for personal info.

Sure, upon my untimely demise, from a Cliff Hanger style harness failure, I hear by bequeath all my ancient climbing harnesses, slings and 100+ fall ropes to lizard_brain.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Retire your old harness by sending it in for strength testing.

Rock & Ice, Arc'teryx and Mountain Gear are doing destructive testing of old harnesses. If you send them your retired harness, they'll give you a gift certificate for $25 off of an Arc'teryx purcase of $125 or more at Mountain Gear. (yes, you have to spend it on arc'teryx-only gear, and only at mgear).

Arc'teryx's new "WARP"-technology harnesses aren't out yet, but they're supposedly going to be super comfortable (and super pricey), so maybe you could hold out and use the money for that.

http://www.mountaingear.com/harness

Retire your old harness by sending it in for strength testing.

Rock & Ice, Arc'teryx and Mountain Gear are doing destructive testing of old harnesses. If you send them your retired harness, they'll give you a gift certificate for $25 off of an Arc'teryx purcase of $125 or more at Mountain Gear. (yes, you have to spend it on arc'teryx-only gear, and only at mgear).

Arc'teryx's new "WARP"-technology harnesses aren't out yet, but they're supposedly going to be super comfortable (and super pricey), so maybe you could hold out and use the money for that.

http://www.mountaingear.com/harness

Thanks, more great advice... At least the old gear can be of some use to the industry before if ends up in a landfill.