Show-and-Tell TR

Sherri

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sherri, I thought the deal was done until I realized that what I thought was straight in the beginning, ended up being anything but square. Custom cut...custom cut...custom cut. It finally worked out. But only with the help of several, and I do mean SEVERAL Mirror Ponds.

Thread drift: I want to make sure Bug's internet surfing at work is as safe as possible. I can't live with the fact that my seemingly innocuous, yet provacative avatar, could potentially affect his livelyhood. :laf:

Sherri, I thought the deal was done until I realized that what I thought was straight in the beginning, ended up being anything but square. Custom cut...custom cut...custom cut. It finally worked out. But only with the help of several, and I do mean SEVERAL Mirror Ponds.

Thread drift: I want to make sure Bug's internet surfing at work is as safe as possible. I can't live with the fact that my seemingly innocuous, yet provacative avatar, could potentially affect his livelyhood. :laf:

Yep, I can relate about the slate(and the beer ;) ). Not that ceramic tile is ever perfectly square, but at least you've got a decent shot at something being straight. Did you seal your slate before grouting? If not, don't worry...you only make that mistake once. :crazy:

And I agree with Sobo and High. Bring back the eye-candy avatars. Dude in the current one is not my type at all.

...Thread drift: I want to make sure Bug's internet surfing at work is as safe as possible. I can't live with the fact that my seemingly innocuous, yet provacative avatar, could potentially affect his livelyhood. :laf:

Thank you, Couloir, for clueing me in on the Bugster's employment woes with respect to your avatar pics.

And HUGE thanks for returning to your "standard" stash of avatars. :rocken:

• 1 month later...

Just put the finishing touches on this one. It's a more detailed variation of the original shown at the beginning of the thread, and includes a snazzy log frame.(that was a fun challenge) It's hefty, though--measures 3' x 4' and weighs 35lbs. :o

FYI for Rmncwrtr: you'd like working with the finish I used on this(for your next project ;) ).

It's called "Tried and True Wood Finish". It's completely non-toxic(you could finish salad bowls with it) and soooooo easy to apply. Just rub it in, buff, and repeat.

Winter_Silhouettes.jpg

...Thread drift: I want to make sure Bug's internet surfing at work is as safe as possible. I can't live with the fact that my seemingly innocuous, yet provacative avatar, could potentially affect his livelyhood. :laf:

Thank you, Couloir, for clueing me in on the Bugster's employment woes with respect to your avatar pics.

And HUGE thanks for returning to your "standard" stash of avatars. :rocken:

wow i didn't know there was a problem w/coulouir's standard avatars. hmmmm. i look forward to the ever changing variety of interesting pics he uses. Can’t imagine how they’d be a problem at work?

Sherri, that’s an absolutely amazing creation. 