• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

top three:

1. Mongo Ridge in Pickets

2. NE Butt of Steinbok

3. Free ascent of W Face Gunsight

Your kidding right?

I didnt want that as my goal, it set its hooks in me.

My Goals:

1. Hoze

2. Combine the pickets traverses.

3. New rt in Gunsight range.

4. Project X

2) Ramp up fitness training starting with Ruckle Ridge next weekend,

Ohhh... Thats a fun trail when it's raining out... Plus I think the top is all snow, creating a fun route finding adventure. I might see ya up there if these shitty avy conditions persist.

It seems like every time I've done the Ruckle it's been during a windy, rainy day leading to snow atop. Last time I spent 40 minutes trying to find the trail down. Finally had to break out the map and compass.

I actually went up to the area two days ago and scoped it out from both Wauna Viewpoint and from the bottom of the ridge. From basically just above the first scree/talus section the entire ridge is snow.. And not your usual 6inches of gorge snow, but up to two feet... Have fun, I turned around since it was getting dark. Although there are boot tracks up there, so someone is doing it in the snow.

I've got some new projects in the Cascades, but they've been on the list for awhile, so pre-spray would be inappropriate and likely embarassing.

I'd like to spend a week in the Valley in May with my son, doing some of the classic grade IV's like NE Butt Higher, E Butt Middle, E Butt El Cap, Serenity/Sons, and possibly something wacky like Galactic Hitchhiker.

I'm also hoping to cobble together a springtime 30th reunion ascent of the Happy Hooker on Trono Blanco.

In terms of sure things, I know I'll be climbing most Wednesdays in Tenino, everything else is wishes.

I've got some new projects in the Cascades, but they've been on the list for awhile, so pre-spray would be inappropriate and likely embarassing.

As long as you are not poaching my lines! :lmao:

I'd like to spend a week in the Valley in May with my son, doing some of the classic grade IV's like NE Butt Higher, E Butt Middle, E Butt El Cap, Serenity/Sons, and possibly something wacky like Galactic Hitchhiker.

Look forward to those TR's!

In terms of sure things, I know I'll be climbing most Wednesdays in Tenino, everything else is wishes.

"If wishes were horses, this beggar would ride." :grin:

I'll be happy for anything I can get on this summer(last summer seemed like one rained out trip after another :crosseye: ), but especially so if I can get solid on my 5.8 leads and break into the .9's.

hope to get good n' goddamned lost while searching for the vertical equivalent of a city of gold, then ultimately to deprive said citadel of it's chastity like the marquis de sade backstage at an old-fashioned southern debutant coming-out par-tay

bear

been awhile since i've done anything on rainier - liberty ridge?

never have climbed liberty bell

solo something big n' dumb

finish dry-humping my way up every crack out at beacon

hope to get good n' goddamned lost while searching for the vertical equivalent of a city of gold, then ultimately to deprive said citadel of it's chastity like the marquis de sade backstage at an old-fashioned southern debutant coming-out par-tay

Man Ivan, those words carry sweet like soft bourbon and branch water. Don't forget your pro-tect-shun as said Debutant most likely has quietly defiled all comers for the last 3 years or so and while she still looks clean from the outside.....she's carrying years of sludge under the hood....

Man Ivan, those words carry sweet like soft bourbon and branch water. Don't forget your pro-tect-shun as said Debutant most likely has quietly defiled all comers for the last 3 years or so and while she still looks clean from the outside.....she's carrying years of sludge under the hood....

Check the trunk.

Try to find the best way to spend 4 to 8 months in the States with hitting new areas.

Climb something good in Indian Creek in the Fall.

Climb a couple good routes in the Cascades and then a couple glacier slogs.

Maybe check out the Sierra.

Hopefully make it to Patagonia a year from now.

Bump up the onsite grade.

Too much, glad I have some time off.

Have a good time with the boss.

Oh, and finally get the red taped boulder problem at the gym.

Make it back to Spain in one piece.

V I C I O U S F I S H

Goal: Lose 12 lbs and increase overall fitness...i do not need to learn to climb...just need to get fit first, then climbing will follow...

I'm actually intending on cutting climbing down to one hard gym sesh a week (or outdoor day when weather permits) and focusing on conditioning primarily...

of course there will be some climbing trips in there as well...

Try to find the best way to spend 4 to 8 months in the States with hitting new areas.

Climb something good in Indian Creek in the Fall.

Climb a couple good routes in the Cascades and then a couple glacier slogs.

Maybe check out the Sierra.

Hopefully make it to Patagonia a year from now.

Bump up the onsite grade.

Too much, glad I have some time off.

Have a good time with the boss.

Oh, and finally get the red taped boulder problem at the gym.

Make it back to Spain in one piece.

they are taking the red taped problem down next week...

V I C I O U S F I S H

Goal: Lose 12 lbs and increase overall fitness...i do not need to learn to climb...just need to get fit first, then climbing will follow...

I'm actually intending on cutting climbing down to one hard gym sesh a week (or outdoor day when weather permits) and focusing on conditioning primarily...

of course there will be some climbing trips in there as well...

cool man. hard crux from what i hear. i'm starting to get psyched again; climbed for the first time in a month two days ago and forearms are fukd. time to get in shape!