doing it getting soft shell just what type

letsroll

I am going to go through Beyond Clothing for a cutom fit. I am way too tall and skinny for regular brands. Must be an abundance of short fat people out there. 32 inseam seems to be the largest, damn little people :anger:

Anyway I am having a hard time deciding between the Schoeller wb-400 and the Dry skin extreme w 3xdry fabric with hip zips. I usually wear covertable pants they sell for summer use and when it gets cold or windy I put on shell pants and have the hip zips down to my knees (which lately seems all the time). These pants I will go with a wider opening to fit more easly over my AT boots. For the spring I am considering getting the steele pants to replace the convertables.

My questions are, will the WB-400 be too warm for the cascades? Do they breath well? Will I be able to dich the hardshell pants for the most part?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a wb-400 weight jacket from beyond this fall and it is very warm. If I were to get the pants I would opt for the dryskin extreme because it is much harder to shed a bottom layer than it is a top layer (unless you have full zip which beyond doesn't offer). Plus you can always throw your shell on if you get cold. I too am a tall skinny guy (6'6, 170 lbs) and run into the same problems of fitting into clothes. Thank god for Beyond.

I got a pair of the Schoeller WB400 pants and wasn't that thrilled with them. Took them lift skiing in the rain and they took absolutely forever to dry out after (thought it was always dry at Bachelor!). In general they are pretty good but I'd prob. go with the other thinner fabric and wear more under if necessary.