A5 Double Portaledge w/Exp Fly for SALE

Wallstein

I have a USED TNF A5 double portaledge with the expedition fly (bright yellow)for sale or trade.

The ledge and fly are both heavily used but still totally bomber.

The ledge was just serviced by the North face and all stiching that was unravelling was stiched up.

I have spent over 75 nights in it. Its been through winter routes on El Cap and routes in Alaska and has kept me dry and happy almost all of those nights.

Used A5 ledges are more bomber than brand new ledges by Fish and Pika.

I am looking to trade it for ice tools or a tent. Or sell it for $400. (it retails for over $800 w/tax).

-Mike

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need a Big Fat Poofy down coat? Black Diamond Shreiks w/leashes and new picks?

Hey, sorry about that shit I said last spring, I had alot of unchaneled angst back then. Hope you had a good season in the Valley!

Did we meet at the Lower Wall. I was drinkin beer and cam hooking up City Park, and you were climbin with your girl????

Wait, what do you mean by "most of those nights??" Like when it wasn't rainin'! grin.gif

[This message has been edited by lambone (edited 10-11-2001).]

Lambone, thanks but I already have a poofy down jacket and I don't think I really need it for where I am going. You don't have any old black prophets do you?

I don't think we have met. I don't have a girl and I don't know the last time I went to index with one. frown.gif

I have only actually been rained on in my ledge a few times. It has almost always been snow. It rained 1 night in alaska but it wasn't bad at all. What I meant is after 10+ days on a wall route it is pretty hard to be happy in a ledge. I get real bad portaledge shoulder which keeps me from sleeping much. I have to use a lot of perscription strength cannabis and vitamin I to make the pain go away.

I used to have a pair of the old BP's. but I kicked 'em down to my bro in Bozeman. He swings them alot more than I would out here.

I guess there is no such think as a totaly waterproof rainfly. Its like a boat that can't sink, it doesn't exist. If there are no leaks, the condensation will kill ya.

Oh well, have fun!

• 3 weeks later...