Help with La Sportiva Sizing

ASmith

I am planing on buying Spantiks and another pair of boots and need to get the sizing close and there are no dealers around to go to. So... I would appreciate it greatly to hear from you with how your training or tennis shoe size compares to your Spantiks, Oly Mons or La Sportiva Boots you have how their sizing runs with a SW liner and SW mountaineering sock. Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I measure a hair over 41.5 (european) on a Brannock. I wear 41.5 approach/running shoes from La Sportiva - Exum Ridge, Barr Trail and Sonic TR. For boots I wear a 42 or 42.5 in the Trango S Evo, and a 42 in the Trango Extreme or Nepal Evo. I currently have a pair of Eigers (fit similar to a Makalu) in a 41.5 but with thicker socks or liner socks I wish I'd gotten 42's. FYI I usually wear one light hiking weight Teko sock and on the Trango models I can wear a 41.5 for length but I need the 42s for width, my foot is E to EE.

I don't know if or how the relative sizing changes with the bigger boots like the Spantik or Oly Mons but I met one guy who wears a US 12 street shoe and got 46 Spantiks.

Give AMH or possibly Mountain Gear a call and see what they say.

I usually wear a 10 in all running shoes and with a SW liner and SW mountaineering sock I am wondering what the best size would be on the Spantik? 43, 43.5 or 44. Called La Sportiva who you would think would have an educated guess and the lady I spoke to didn't seem to have a clue. Sent a foot outline to AMH but no answre yet. Anyone using La Sportiva Boots that wears a 10 running shoe.... what size of boots are you using?

Edited by ASmith

My local dealer says it's identical to the Nuptse (which they stock) and is willing to guarantee that if I end up having to return them if mis-sized. Just his opinion, mind you, but somewhere to start.

I'm a 45.5 in a Nuptse, but a 45.5 B5 is too big, and a 45.5 Trango is too small. I wear a 46 in Asolo Evolucion and in most other boots (but I tried on a 46 Ice9000 and it was too big).