Karhu Jak BC Skis, 172 cm - New $195

kiefner

I bought a pair of Karhu Jak BC's, but they are too small for me and I cannot return them. They are 172 cm in length, good for skiers 135-160 lbs (according to Karhu's website). These skis are brand new and never mounted. Most sites have these listed at $450-$500. Here are the dimensions: 124/90/113

Here's what Karhu's site says about them:

"The Jak BC remains the undisputed backcountry king. The lightest in its class, the Jak BC stays trim for the uphill by replacing Titanal® with the Carbon Powerband and using the new Greenlight™ Core to ultimately weigh in a pound less than its in-bounds brother. Others may compromise on the way down, but the Jak BC skis smooth and strong with the same great shape and a sweet spot that’s impossible to miss. Accept nothing less."

Here's what the Backcountry Store says:

"Last year the Karhu Jak BC was our best seller among recreational backcountry skiers. This year they get updated and should be equally popular. Toned back to 90mm in the middle, the Jak BC will do very well on hard snow and steep terrain, even though it's made for the soft and untracked. Edging is excellent, with Karhu's new wrapped shet of Titinal integrated with the wood. Karhu skis are tough and well designed for the backcountry. After all, they have been building backcountry skis for us since the beginning."

This would be a great ski for anyone interested in telemark/alpine touring (AT)/backcountry skiing. Please email me if you have any questions at dkiefner@yahoo.com. I'm asking $195. Thanks!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic