vasque superalpinista and vasque m-possible

goldenchild

I was wandering if anyone has experience with the following boots:

http://www.vasque.com/products/m-mpossible.cfm

http://www.vasque.com/products/m-super-alpinista.cfm

I'm looking for insulated boot good for ice-climbing. I get cold feet. The boots will also be used in occassional alpine situations/alpine ice in BC and Cascades.

Just a question in general, how do I know if these boots would be warmer as their counterparts offered by manufacturers such as Scarpa ( Freney GTX,Summit GTX) and La Sportiva (Lhotse GTX, Nepal EVO GTX, Nuptse,) etc.

Any recommendations or opnions on the shoes I've mentioned or not mentioned are welcomed.

TIA

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't buy either of those.

If you have cold feet even the warmest single boots are going to give you cold feet especially with crampons stuck to the bottom. Metal on the feet = heat siphon.

If you want single boots get something with a one-piece leather upper (no seams and patches of non-leather fabrics).

For warm feet I'd go with plastic boots. Maybe the Scarpa Omega?

• 2 weeks later...

I have used the Lhotse and the Super Alpinistas are definitely warmer, and would expect them to be warmer than the Summits. I have the Scarpa Triolet, which should be quite similar to the Freneys, and they are no where near as warm as the SAs. I haven't had a problem using the SAs with a vapor barrier for winter ascents and BC boardn in the Northern Sierra. Can't comment on the the Nepals, but the Nuptses should be even warmer than the SAs, but they are just a bit narrow for my foot type. My $0.02

You might also consider the AKU Spider. Although I haven't used them personally, I have heard good things but they may not have the warmth you seek.