• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Fairweather

In the Hall of the Mountain Gods

Ooooooooooooooooh, I gotta git me a few of d'em! Xspecially since I already did d'em all...

Now, where did I put my Speedy Stitcher...

I remember back in '85 in the Tacoma Mountaineers, one could earn a (don't laugh) "six-peak pin" which celebrated the dubious distinction of having climbed a handful of peaks near Snoqualmie Pass. Probably by now I've scrambled up all of them as winter climbs but I can't remember which peaks were included.

totally missing out on a cash cow there....

I've had that happen so many times at the Flagship store. I say Arc'teryx to the MILF, she says Patagonia. I say Petzl, she says Black Diamond. The stranger needs to give us a guide to outdoor MILF.

what...no mailbox peak....WTF???

That's only for the advanced graduates...and then only with an experienced leader who knows how to properly use ski poles and a Timex Ironman chronograph fastened securely to the wrist face-down. A loud demonstration of proper breathing through pursed lips is essential. Clearly, these awards should not be for sale on the open market, but, rather, earned and presented only after a committee of elders has carefully examined one's application and been shown clear evidence (sworn statements, GPS telemetry, date-stamped photos, etc) that the ascent actually took place.

Also, I am extremely disappointed that the patches use lat/long and not UTM. We are climbers - not sailors.

Edited by Fairweather

Packaging lists the 10 Essentials and pertinent hike's features, including technical difficulty, required fitness level, location and relevant map

Thank god for that. It should come with a video too..

How come these merit badges don't list Dan (howzit)'s record time for each hike?

Edited by Winter

Because. despite his weight issues, age, and high blood pressure, Tvashtarketena holds all of the I-90 peak records. (Split times aggregate) Just ask him. This one is his most favorite patch:

993941.jpg

...now is the part where Tvash challenges me to some sort of metro-lycra duel, posts his fictitious peak times, blood pressure, and macro pics of dried leaves n'shit...with feeling. :rolleyes:

Edited by Fairweather

...now is the part where Tvash challenges me to some sort of metro-lycra duel, posts his fictitious peak times, blood pressure, and macro pics of dried leaves n'shit...with feeling. :rolleyes:

Funny shite.

i'd just like to say hidden in this thread that REI KICKS ASS!!

i bought in a pair of skins to be reglued and they couldn't get the glue to stick so they're GIVING ME A NEW PAIR!! WOOT :tup:

i'd just like to say hidden in this thread that REI KICKS ASS!!

i bought in a pair of skins to be reglued and they couldn't get the glue to stick so they're GIVING ME A NEW PAIR!! WOOT :tup:

Which one, I need to get that done too ;)