In the Hall of the Mountain Gods

Fairweather

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember back in '85 in the Tacoma Mountaineers, one could earn a (don't laugh) "six-peak pin" which celebrated the dubious distinction of having climbed a handful of peaks near Snoqualmie Pass. Probably by now I've scrambled up all of them as winter climbs but I can't remember which peaks were included.

what...no mailbox peak....WTF???

That's only for the advanced graduates...and then only with an experienced leader who knows how to properly use ski poles and a Timex Ironman chronograph fastened securely to the wrist face-down. A loud demonstration of proper breathing through pursed lips is essential. Clearly, these awards should not be for sale on the open market, but, rather, earned and presented only after a committee of elders has carefully examined one's application and been shown clear evidence (sworn statements, GPS telemetry, date-stamped photos, etc) that the ascent actually took place.

Also, I am extremely disappointed that the patches use lat/long and not UTM. We are climbers - not sailors.

Edited by Fairweather

Because. despite his weight issues, age, and high blood pressure, Tvashtarketena holds all of the I-90 peak records. (Split times aggregate) Just ask him. This one is his most favorite patch:

993941.jpg

...now is the part where Tvash challenges me to some sort of metro-lycra duel, posts his fictitious peak times, blood pressure, and macro pics of dried leaves n'shit...with feeling. :rolleyes:

Edited by Fairweather