celebrate the solistice at beacon!

ivan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering how it was today and what you ended up doing? I'm guessing it was perfect out there? I ended up ski touring up to Tilly Jane Hut and then above the CS shelter. Great day but the snow was bullet proof down lower. Good to get out though. Sure wish I could have squeezed in few pitches w/ya'll too. Maybe next weekend?

Dave

great day for january at beacon - was envious of the party-scene doing the corner as it allowed free climbing in the sun - ken and i choose the path of the penitent and mucked about a great deal in dankish aid-land - man, if only we could keep doing this shit all winter!

great day for january at beacon - was envious of the party-scene doing the corner as it allowed free climbing in the sun - ken and i choose the path of the penitent and mucked about a great deal in dankish aid-land - man, if only we could keep doing this shit all winter!

Dankish Aid-Land is one of my favorite places to visit (though I'm not quite sure I'd like to live there). I should have crashed your party. did you work off some bad karma?

what route did you do ivan? beacon has a new ken?

little wing to right gull - the cracks were wetter than grandma on double-coupons day - funky how conditions can totally change the way you envision and then have to do a climb - the top outs on the many tiers along the way were the hardest, sopping wet moss n' no gear n' nothing but loose blocks to wallow onto the ledges with

we dug it

whoa, der's a fun day done! started murky n' dripping - shut down 15 ft off the ground attemting to get to stepphenwulf - slugged it up the corner to jills instead - quite the herd embracing The Suck today (dan, shawn, ? did lil'wing to fearoffly'n and jim eventually showed to set up a homeless shelter at the base - dave poked his head out momentarily too)

the good news - everything dried off today

the bad - it's now 33 degress and hOWLing

oughta be a great monday for those fools too terpain to be timid