Since i've been banned permanently from freshiez..

RuMR

I'll post here...

Problem: A woman coworker of mine has tiny feet. Literally, she's in alpine boots that are 21's...

For resort skiing, no big deal...just use one of the many high performance junior models...

But what to do about an AT boot????? Does ANYONE know of junior sizing in AT boots...I suggested she forgo american distributors and contact the european companies directly to see if they have anything in their lines...That being said, i think the next approach is to use a plug style liner and a bunch of shims and what-not...

Anyway, any suggestions would be very appreciated....

Rudy

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just sorry it wasn't me that banned you from Freshiez. :laf:

You do ask a good question. All my early experience with downhill or AT skiing was on leather boots. I suppose you might be able to find some old used leather boots, but finding some new more modern boots would be good. Both for your friend and little kids out there.

I thought of that one...Can't really think that it be impossible...

the other thought i had was to take the bottom half of an alpine boot and marry it to the upper cuff of an AT boot...I can't imagine you couldn't get the heel lock assmebly to work with some effort...

Edited by RuMR

I'm just sorry it wasn't me that banned you from Freshiez. :laf:

You do ask a good question. All my early experience with downhill or AT skiing was on leather boots. I suppose you might be able to find some old used leather boots, but finding some new more modern boots would be good. Both for your friend and little kids out there.

you guys are just pissed cuz i'm always right...

Every woman I know who has tiny feet and AT skis uses her Alpine boots... But if she's really determined, have her call The Backcountry at 1-800-625-8444. I know they used to have some older Dynafit boots(possibly in a back closet or the rental fleet now...?) in a 21. And I'm sure if those boots are still around they would be more than willing to sell them. Worth a shot...

There is a really good thread over on the TGR boards about vibraming alpine boots. For skinning you don't need vibram though, more for hiking in the spring and scrambling up the gnar...

A three piece like the Flexon tours pretty well I've been told.

Try Daleboot - they claim to fit anyone, and might be able to do something aout a walk mode.