wtb: wall hammer

dan_forester

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you know, the usual. Bringing the rock down to my level, adding a pin scar or two to classic routes...

Just kidding, Bill. I've been thinking about doing some adventure climbing on some of our chossier local stuff, and would like to have the option of using pitons if I get in a tricky spot. Only where appropriate, not on established routes that go clean.

Sounds like you want the Forrest Molijiner with all 3 picks. Buy one on E-bay if you can't finagle this Chouinard.

Heres the Forrest next to the Forrest wall hammer and the 850gm Kong Eagle. The Forrest Molijiner has interchangeable pics, including this one, a tubular pick for water ice, an alpine pick for steep crusty snow, and maybe one more.

The downside is it's too light for heavy duty slamming in pins. This one only came with the rock pick. I paid $18 for it, but it was so perfect I don't want to use it.

Really.

Forrest_Mjollnir_Forrest_wall_Hammer_Kong_Eagle.jpg

Forrest_Mjollnir_with_saw_blade.jpg

Opps, 4 picks total. This one sold with everything for $50, including the recurve pick. This would be a great adventure tool, or even a 3rd tool if you drop on on route as it's so light and small.

7f77_1.JPG

The picks are held on by 2 socket capscrews and easily replaced with a hex key. Forrest made good shit.

Ha ha, yeah Dan, I sit on my front porch, drink wine and either read or visit with the neighbors all summer when I'm not climbing with you dudes.

Fender: got any pics?

As I age, it gets significantly more difficult to hang onto a nut tool as you scrape out a crack. (hope I'm not pissing Dwayer off here confessing to that, I mean, it usually is public property and all) So I was going to grind and fit the saw blade to my own shape so as to fit onto the hammer to facilitate cleaning cracks. But alas, there was not enough wine in my house to make me want to ruin this tool. The thing showed up without a scratch and the original warranty sticker on the other side. (That cleaning shit is brutal stuff on you and your tools).

It coincided with finding "official" crack cleaning tools via a recommendation from folks on this site (Lee Valley tools).

pd405s2.jpg

ee310.jpg

I bought a couple of red ones and gave one to Joseph to work on his project on Beacon. Pretty sweet. Just make sure to glue the green attachment on the red tool (the tie off point located under dudes hand in the pic) or it will pull off.

Too perfect to trash:

Forrest_Mjollnir_warrenty_sticker.jpg

Forrest_Mjollnir_front_top.jpgForrest_Mjollnir_side.jpgForrest_Mjollnir_top.jpg

So I was going to grind and fit the saw blade to my own shape so as to fit onto the hammer to facilitate cleaning cracks. But alas, there was not enough wine in my house to make me want to ruin this tool.

Wow, I was just joking about the saw blade! Sounds like you have been giving this whole route cleaning deal some serious thought!

Well you know, the usual. Bringing the rock down to my level, adding a pin scar or two to classic routes...

Just kidding, Bill. I've been thinking about doing some adventure climbing on some of our chossier local stuff, and would like to have the option of using pitons if I get in a tricky spot. Only where appropriate, not on established routes that go clean.

:) hehehe - all this talk of nailing. Dan, you gonna love the new Mazama annual bulletin this year I think. Great article on a classic Oregon nail up.

:) hehehe - all this talk of nailing. Dan, you gonna love the new Mazama annual bulletin this year I think. Great article on a classic Oregon nail up.

In my German voice, like the Docktor in "Marathon Man" right before he starts drilling into Dustin Hoffman's teeth with no Novocain.

"Und, now, I szhink zat you are playing wit me!"