Denali Expedition 2008 - Looking for 10-12 member

vertical_hiker

Bank of America stopped there funding to Boy scouts becuase they are based out of SF and are the ACLU's whipping boy.

After reading these comments I've decided it would be rather fun to camp next to the CFC team. Of course you'd have to bait them occasionally to get them wound up. This could easily be done with some prayer flags and an ACLU sticker strategically placed somewhere in camp. Dropping a BoA credit card might work too!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bank of America stopped there funding to Boy scouts becuase they are based out of SF and are the ACLU's whipping boy.

After reading these comments I've decided it would be rather fun to camp next to the CFC team. Of course you'd have to bait them occasionally to get them wound up. This could easily be done with some prayer flags and an ACLU sticker strategically placed somewhere in camp. Dropping a BoA credit card might work too!

Thats funny. It would be to bad if in so doing you were able to get them worked up into a froth.

Screwing the boyscouts was one of the reasons why a lot of middle aged men became scout leaders :o

If I were not a Boy Scout leader I might find that funny.

My son is 12 and is totally into Scouts. So yeah, I am a middle aged man who is a scout leader.

Just for differant reasons.

I have managed to get some of the boys up some peaks on the I-90 corridore, but only 1 so far up to Camp Muir.

I am still working on it....

I think Boy Scouts will not admit gays leaders.

Correction: The boy scouts will not admit gay boy scouts, either.

Full disclosure: the Boy Scouts first got me out of the house and into the mountains. I owe that organization a life long debt of gratitude.

Can I interest you in makeing a contribution to Boy Scouting and/or leading classes on climbing?

Wow. I don't know what all of the commotion is about VH's post. He wasn't trying to take over your precious website to preach at all of you. All he was trying to do was to ask if anyone (probably anyone Christian) would want to join his team. Notice he did not ask for your opinion of his climbing club or your endorsement. Obviously you thought he was.

Wow. I don't know what all of the commotion is about VH's post. He wasn't trying to take over your precious website to preach at all of you. All he was trying to do was to ask if anyone (probably anyone Christian) would want to join his team. Notice he did not ask for your opinion of his climbing club or your endorsement. Obviously you thought he was.

STOP THE LYING! STOP IT! JUST QUIT!

WE ARE THE SOLE REASON ANYONE COMES TO CC.COM. OUR HUMOUR, WIT, WISDOM AND INSITE DRIVES JIHADS, PRODUCES VIRGIN BIRTH, AND SPLITS THE ATOM. PEOPLE CARE WHAT WE THINK. PEOPLE WANT TO JOIN IN OUR TOMFOOLERY

Screwing the boyscouts was one of the reasons why a lot of middle aged men became scout leaders :o

If I were not a Boy Scout leader I might find that funny.

My son is 12 and is totally into Scouts. So yeah, I am a middle aged man who is a scout leader.

Just for differant reasons.

I have managed to get some of the boys up some peaks on the I-90 corridore, but only 1 so far up to Camp Muir.

I am still working on it....

You should be comended for taking time from your schedule and investing in these young kids. That is totally respectable. If more did this what a better place.

Somebody gets their marching orders from this guy . . .

limbaugh_oxycontin.jpg

Never listen to the guy, he reminds me of those faky preachers on TV. All about filling there pocket books.

STOP THE LYING! STOP IT! JUST QUIT!

WE ARE THE SOLE REASON ANYONE COMES TO CC.COM. OUR HUMOUR, WIT, WISDOM AND INSITE DRIVES JIHADS, PRODUCES VIRGIN BIRTH, AND SPLITS THE ATOM. PEOPLE CARE WHAT WE THINK. PEOPLE WANT TO JOIN IN OUR TOMFOOLERY

Don’t forget fusion; I think we are nearing the first contain continuous fusion reaction.

You're the one advertising and explicitly stating 'preaching' is what you're all about.

"We are the international Christian mountain climbing organization committed to getting people to high places."

Basically your committed to continuing a centuries old legacy of cultural genocide by Christian missionaries. No swords, no smallpox, but still the tip of a spear. And the difference between Islamic and Christian fundamentalists? There isn't any - they're equally dangerous to our society. Sad as it ever was.

DV7RqizoqJA

Bank of America stopped there funding to Boy scouts because they are based out of SF and are the ACLU's whipping boy.

Funny. I neither live in SF nor am a whipping boy of the ACLU, but I will not support the Boy Scouts in any way until they stop with the rules excluding atheists and gay people. I know a lot of you grownup types got dragged outside because you were in the Scouts, but nowadays the BSA have made far too much of their exclusions. What a terrible turn for a formerly quality organization.

i say we take this thread on over to climbingforchrist.org. it's taking away from all the other spray. maybe we could all chip in and sponsor a climber.

Their board is moribund, and they don't have a clue how to write a TR. But the tentful of affection cc.com would show them might crash their server.

Their board shows they are not so much about climbing as about their religion. Climbing is just a conduit for pumping the product. If after 4 days on Rainier they are still 1,200' from the top, they should tackle Dome or Glacier. We'd never see them again.

....If after 4 days on Rainier they are still 1,200' from the top, they should tackle Dome or Glacier. We'd never see them again.

that's an ironic statement coming from a mountie

oh fer fuck sake people! this is just getting stoopid. yeah mounties suck, yeah scores of missionaries suck, teh boyscouts suck, all of you suck. isn't the horse dead yet?

I think Boy Scouts will not admit gays leaders.

Correction: The boy scouts will not admit gay boy scouts, either.

Full disclosure: the Boy Scouts first got me out of the house and into the mountains. I owe that organization a life long debt of gratitude.

Can I interest you in makeing a contribution to Boy Scouting and/or leading classes on climbing?

Yes, I would be happy to help in leading some classes on climbing for your troop. Promise I won't preach Atheism. PM me.