Denali Expedition 2008 - Looking for 10-12 member

vertical_hiker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ACLU was founded in the 1920s by Roger Baldwin and Crystal Eastman, described as a "progressive" and "the perfect feminist."

Earl Browder was general secretary of the Communist Party of the United States from 1930 through its dissolution in 1944. When the party was reconstituted as the Communist Political Association later that year, Browder was chosen as its president. Browder proudly proclaimed that the ACLU functioned as "a transmission belt" for the party. To deny the ACLU's founding was attached at the hip to communist organizations is to deny what can easily be proven as truth.

This bit of ancient history is often dusted off and hauled out of the attic by those attracted to conspiracy websites as proof that the ACLU is somehow behind a communist conspiracy.

The ACLU was originally founded in 1920 to get unfairly imprisoned labor organizers out of jail for trying to organize the labor movement (the benefits of which, including the 40 hour/5 day work week) even Seahawks enjoys). Many of these labor organizers were members of the IWW and domestic communist party (no news here, plus, is there something wrong with that in a country where political freedom is protected?) In 1940, however, the ACLU passed a resolution to free itself from any party affiliations, including its formers ties with the Communist Party. It remains a non partisan organization to this day, which means it does not endorse candidate or contribute to individual campaigns. Furthermore, it's often overlooked that the ACLU membership, about 400,000 now, includes many tens of thousands of conservatives, in addition to others across the political spectrum, as members.

Now, if there are IRS and Justice Department attorneys who are 'card carrying members of the ACLU', I suppose that would constitute a massive conspiracy, would it not? But what if they were also members of the Sierra Club? And Costco? And...?

Edited by tvashtarkatena

OOPS! reading comprehension problem. yeah screw the boyscouts.

On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country. To obey the scout law; to help other people at all times, to keep myself physically fit, mentally awake and morally straight.

Tell me, what is so bad about this?

An organization that will help lead boys become men.

I don’t get your hatred of Boy Scouts?

Seahawks - how do explain their list of cases defending Christian rights? Do they take these cases to help with the vast conspiracy cover-up?

ACLU has sued to;

Halt the singing of Christmas Carols in public facilities.

Deny tax -exempt status for Churches.

Remove all military chaplains.

Remove all Christian symbols from public property.

Prohibit Bible reading in classrooms even during free time.

Remove In God We Trust from our coins.

Remove God from the Pledge of Allegiance

Deny federal funding for Boy Scouts until they admit gays and atheists

Hate to break it to you, there, SH, but to be credible it it helps to cite the court cases for each issue. Now get your lazy ass out there and do your homework for once, sport. Otherwise, you could just be quoting this from a Christian propoganda website put up by some unaborted Down's syndrome case. You're not doing that, are you now?

the boy scouts are a private organization right? no problem w/them having their own standards. i did have my son join the scouts b/c of their beliefs. they make a choice. i made a choice. nothing wrong w/that.

They sued to stop federal funding to the boy scouts.

Thats why I no longer bank with Bank of America.

Cuz it has 'America' in the name, and 'America' doesn't fund the Boy Scouts?

On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country. To obey the scout law; to help other people at all times, to keep myself physically fit, mentally awake and morally straight.

Jesus, SWA, have you taken dumb pills, lately? She meant screw the Boy Scouts if they want federal funding. Sorry, buddy, it's a separation of church and state issue, and the Boy Scouts are an unapologetically religious organization. It's the Boy Scout's choice to be so, thus making themselves uneligible for federal dough, so blame them.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Seahawks - how do explain their list of cases defending Christian rights? Do they take these cases to help with the vast conspiracy cover-up?

ACLU has sued to;

Hate to break it to you, there, SH, but to be credible it it helps to cite the court cases for each issue. Now get your lazy ass out there and do your homework for once, sport. Otherwise, you could just be quoting this from a Christian propoganda website put up by some unaborted Down's syndrome case. You're not doing that, are you now?

Are you denying this is true??? To make you look bad I will look up the cases but first want to know if you deny it so I can make you look as stupid as you are.

They won't let anyone join that claims to be an atheist.

They won't let anyone join that claims to be an atheist.

Hey, don't ask, don't tell.

Jesus, SWA, have you taken dumb pills, lately? She meant screw the Boy Scouts if they want federal funding. Sorry, buddy, it's a separation of church and state issue, and the Boy Scouts are an unapologetically religious organization. It's the Boy Scout's choice to be so, thus making themselves uneligible for federal dough, so blame them.

sorry, I read the post as "Yeah, Screw the boyscouts". Oh, but that is what was written.

I do agree the Boy Scouts should take NO MONEY from the government.

Like all private organizations Boy Scouts needs to stand on its own.

ACLU has sued to;

Are you denying this is true??? To make you look bad I will look up the cases but first want to know if you deny it so I can make you look as stupid as you are.

I'm saying you pulled this off some propoganda website like a trained monkey (apologies to monkeys everywhere), without any knowledge, or desire to know, the constitutional issues that were argued in each case. Now show us all an iota of willingness to not be the inert lump you usually are and Google those case citations for us so we can take your posting seriously. I'm not going to do your homework for you like you're obviously well used to, you glom. Otherwise, you've wasted your time and convinced no one of anything.

the boy scouts are a private organization right? no problem w/them having their own standards. i did have my son join the scouts b/c of their beliefs. they make a choice. i made a choice. nothing wrong w/that.

Bank of America will not give a loan or bank account to atheists? Haha I guess I slipped under the wire!

ACLU has sued to;

I'm saying you pulled this off some propoganda website like a trained monkey (apologies to monkeys everywhere), without any knowledge, or desire to know, the constitutional issues that were argued in each case. Now show us all an iota of willingness to not be the inert lump you usually are and Google those case citations for us so we can take your posting seriously. I'm not going to do your homework for you like you're obviously well used to, you glom. Otherwise, you've wasted your time and convinced no one of anything.

and what you claim I'm doing is exactly what your doing cause you think I'm a christian. So Pot call the kettle Black. Hypocrit.

Bank of America will not give a loan or bank account to atheists? Haha I guess I slipped under the wire!

Bank of America stopped there funding to Boy scouts becuase they are based out of SF and are the ACLU's whipping boy.