B.C.

glassgowkiss

there is a shit load of stuff formed up around Whistler/Pemberton/Duffey. Mystery Roach Motel was leadable. also rambles are in, including eagles ears. white blotter was also supposed to be in (maybe). also husume butters should be in nice shape. the farm is not in and it is not looking it would be up for this season (no water).lower down breakable crust makes travel painful on the shins, but higher up it's not a problem.

a new secret crag is being developed in the area-

img0030pg8.th.jpg

photo by jia condon

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't totally count on White Blotter unless you are very tuff. It did not look very substantial. The Plum area has lots of ice. But also lots of running water. A degree warmer and it would have been spitting chunks and death-trap. A degree colder and it would have been Rockies fat-pants. Breakable crust approach was un-fun.

surprisingly, Sumallo Bluffs stuff hasn't really come in much since Drew's pictures from a week ago. B-K would be minimally climbable, as are lower sections of Landmark (but not the crux curtain). Crunchy Frog is sporting quite a bit of ice, but big gaps too. Mess seems pretty dry...

in the east end of the Fraser Valley, pretty much bugger all is climbable cuz of low altitude. interestingly, Medusa looked pretty good on the drive by on the way back towards town (heard the same from Adrian B earlier), but nothing else at Flood was 'in'.

I heard Rambles Centre was fine.

nice to have an early start - I can't remember the last time ice was 'in' in SWBC by Dec 10th!

In case anyone is wondering , He will NOT tell you where those climbs are located so dont ask , because he is not saying where they are!

sorry about this. however if you go on Husume you will enjoy the same conditions. This route in particular is a work in progress and I think it would be unfair if someone scooped us to it, particularly after the initial effort. I would encourage people and do mixed routes- since they are in fantastic conditions right now.

so i gotta ask bob, why the fuck are you posting pics on a website if you don't want to publicize it?? One big fucking duh to you...

:rolleyes:

that the conditions are primo- that counts in mix/ice- one big fucking....

go ahead and say "one big fucking duh" back...a simple note that "conditions are primo" would have sufficed...

Just added a couple of pics of the Mystery Roach near Whistler from yesterday. Look in ice climbing photos. Climbs on the other side of the road looked fat enough.

Sling anchors above Myster Roach on a tree looked rotten so replaced them with new tape and two rap rings on 16th Dec.

Edited by spike1970

Anyone have any updates from the Lilloet area from this past weekend?

Rambles was wet but climable on friday. got warmer after that so i think a snorkel would nicely compliment any climbing gear taken up there now.

went to oregon jack on saturday and also found it very wet, especially on the left. partner led up to the cave about halfway up but neither of us liked the unconsolidated curtain that followed so we rapped off a v-tread in the cave. looks like a couple more weeks of good, cold weather would be required to really get things more solid and filled-in.