• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Mike_G

Jefferson & Three Finger Jack show Wed. in Bend

This Wednesday, Dec 12th, three of us will be presenting a couple of different slideshows/movies of climbs on Mt. Jefferson's Jefferson Park Glacier route and also on Three Finger Jack. They'll be from 7-8pm in Bend at the Environmental Center (16 NW Kansas), free of charge.

Any Oregon climber or outdoor enthusiast will enjoy the stunning imagery presented by local photographers Brent McGregor and myself (Mike Geisen) as we documented one of the finest alpine climbs in the state. Our 40 minute show is a creative mix of photo, video and funny stories, and is definitely not one to miss.

As a prelude, Greg Ouelette and Brent will present a 20 minute show that will detail the 'crawl' and the summit chimney on Three Finger Jack with a high-definition video camera.

We're looking forward to seeing you there!

DSC9837_2.jpg

DSC9886.jpg

DSC9759_2.jpg

Sorry I missed this one. Great pics btw.

I was up on Jefferson Park Glacier in Nov scouting around. It was my first time up there and the route looked fine.

I was late getting up to high camp and damn near got beaned by a falling rock. The wind came up and literally blew me and my shelter off the mountain...

You guys should come to the big city and give your show.

d

the slide show was awesome, really creative movie and i enjoyed it thoroughly!! thanks!!

p.s. didn't get advertised as a mountaineers mtg, thus i wasn't quite expecting the hour of board meeting/voting that preceeded the showing... oh well...

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, sorry about the super-long Mountaineers meeting beforehand. I'm not actually part of the Mountaineers group, so I had no idea that they had official business to conduct before the show. It was definitely a slow start to the evening. Thanks for hanging in there...

Mike