Beacon 11:00 today

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, no, I don't know Wendell - I'll have to ask the folks I do know about him.

I'm pretty sure he is still climbing there. He is an old schooler. Have not seen him in almost 10 years but he used to be a craps dealer at Caesars. He may have retired by now though. Last time I saw him he said he was hoping to lead 5.13 by the time he turned 65, I think he was 63 at the time. Mike Ward knows him well , great climbing partner if you need one when there... One of the trad die hards that finally jumped on the bandwagon and started going to the climbing gym. After that, he got really good. Must be about 70ish now but I'm guessing he is still pulling hard.

Larry said he knows him, though they've never quite pulled off climbing together. Larry said he's been at it pretty steady until recently when something went on with Wendell or his wife such that he hasn't seen him out quite as much of late.

I'm down, er, up for it. Ken?

I am not coming down this weekend. However, I do have the 22nd through the 1st free and want to climb. I was thinking RR or J-tree (Maybe Smith). Really looking for someone cool to climb with as I don't want any drama. I am prolly not looking for more than 5.9. I am planning on driving and can fit 1 person. Dave, I should prolly call Brent huh?

-Ken

I'm down, er, up for it. Ken?

Dave, I should prolly call Brent huh?

-Ken

Yeah, I think he is heading south to visit family in CA and leaving around the 17th but I was also maybe going to meet him at Smith 21st-23rd. If it looks to cold there I may end up dusting off my alpine gear and heading to Hood or the like instead of rock climbing. Brent may want to hit JT or RR. Damn, I wanna play too!