Backcountry Comments in PI forum

mothboy88

If anyone is up for a valiant but likely futile exercise, check out the comment section under one of the Seattle PI articles regarding the lost snowboarders at Crystal. Lots of people talkign about the cost of searches and how the families should be fined. Even one person announcing that its no longer a search but a recovery. Anyway, I figured it would be nice to get more comments from people who actually know what they are talking about.

PI Snowboarder Search Link

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not sure that some of our finest cc.com posters would come off as smarter than that lot. BUT it does beg the question is it worth the effort to try and educate people. especially that format? or is it complete wast of time and we should just walk away and go shopping for new tauntauns?

thank you for sharing that. now I know that there is at least one forum on the web where even pink, tvashtarkatena and fairweather could appear educated, rational, and polit

attention i want and attention is what your giving me. now go fetch me a beer and a brat before i replace you with some mexican with some worth.

Edited by pink

As the comments grow more numerous, it is apparent that the majority feel compassion for the missing, and there are only a couple of uninformed pricks who are preaching high and mighty. It's actually kind of refreshing to see that the dialouge turned to supporting the family and volunteers who are affected by this.

Ditto on the great post, Selkirk. You are more restrained than I, as I was planning to suggest that certain posters over there eat a bag of dick.

More people need to be beat with a wet cat until they learned to shut their pie hole unless at least moderately informed.

Your post on that thread is one of the best things I have ever read on any of the threads that are always created after an incident like this. I copied it and hope you will let me use it (with proper attribution) the next time this conversation comes up. Good on you for making such good, clear, strong points!

All I can say is nice post Selkirk. I'm afraid it will do nothing, but it was a good post.

I'm used to dealing with dense opinionated people. Lots of sicilian and irish in my family :grin:

And it won't do any good to the ass monkeys, but I'm sure there are people reading it who are not yet decided and I hate to see idiots have an influence on anyone. And I'm just spouting off what I've gleaned from reading too many accident reports here and listening to actual rescue folks chime in.

They're the ones who deserve the credit.