Scarpa Omegas warm enough for AK

elliottwill

Hello,

I'm looking to replace my Invernos for ice climbing and multiday ski touring in Southcentral Alaska. The coldest I'd ever be out in would be -30 F, but usually it would be between 0 and 15.

The Invernos were warm enough for subzero temps and fit my wide feet, but are pretty clunky for the actual climbing, especially rock scrambles. I had high hopes for La Sportiva Nuptses, but they're too narrow, as are Koflachs.

The Scarpa Omegas have good reviews in the Lower 48, but would they be warm enough for a do-it-all Alaskan winter mountain boot? I'm mostly climbing easy/moderate routes with a lot of cross country skiing and multiday stuff thrown in.

Thanks for the help!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that they would be warm enough. But do they fit your feet? They are such a low volume boot that they don't fit most people. But if they do fit your feet you should wait till next year to get them, a little bird (scarpa rep) told me that they are going to have intuition liners in next years model.

BTW. shouldn't this post be on www.alaskamountainforum.com ?

Edited by chugachjed

Wow! I really appreciate that info. Maybe they'll change the color too. It always seemed like the black Invernos dried out fast in the sun.

As for AMF, when I've tried logging in this week, the site's been down and I get a big real estate ad. It's still the case now. Am I the only one having this problem?