La Paz, Bolivia

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I stayed in two hostels in La Paz and loved it right in the center of town. If you are lokieng for high end, Iycannot help you.

I was there for work so stayed in hotels...maybe more than you want to spend, but would think if you were only staying a couple nights, it might be worth spending a bit more on a hotel room...especially if you have gear. My only recollection was don't stay in El Alto....it's pretty scary.

Im looking for a place that I and one other can stay for five weeks or more. That means it needs to be cheap, but I want it to be secure. I also want a place that stores gear while your gone for no charge. If they speak english that is also a plus.

In Peru last year I stayed at an enlish speaking place, 5 dollars a night, hot water, private room and bathroom, free gear storage while gone in the mountains. And they were very friendly and helpful. I want something similar to this.

Any recomendations would be helpful. Thanks.

I stayed at Hotel Continental in July 2004. Nice, cheap rooms, shared bath w/OK hot water (those electric deals that only heat the water on super low flow), could store gear when I went to Rurrenebaque for a week. Maybe they have rooms w/ private bath. I paid ~30 Bs/night. It's on Illampu north of the witches market and next to a traffic circle.

I highly recommend the Amazon trips out of Rurre if you have time although this time of year is super hot and rainy.