Glucosamine / Chondroitin pills

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have taken glucosamine/chondroitin/msm off and on (I have terrible joints and tendons but can't choose a certain amount of pain over finding a different sport).

I can't point to a clear improvement in pain on or off of glucosamine, since the longer I climb, the more my tendons seem to adapt, the better my technique gets, so the less I have aches and pains (even after hard days at the gym or long trips to the crag). I have been doing the glucosamine/chondroitin/msm consistently for the last two months in an effort to minimize knee pain for my upcoming red rocks trip. I still have some knee pain (runners knee) if I run or wear the wrong shoes, but I do think overall my knee pain has reduced as a result of (1) climbing more; (2) doing my knee rehab exercises; and (3) possibly the glucosamine. Anecdotally, my recovery when the knees act up does seem much improved -- I'll have one or two days of ache instead of several days of ache.

My dog is on "therapeutic doses" of the stuff for her arthritis, so if it's good enough for my dog.......

I swear by the stuff. You have to take it for a long time though.

I used to average a finger injury from tweaky moves about every 8 months. Now I average one about every year and a half. I've been on Glucosamine about five years.

You've been on crack for as long as I can remember.