• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
pope

You're Gonna Wanna Shop Here

Wow, they were so far ahead of their time, and made great stuff. Then they just disappeared ...till now.

Wow

as much as I appreciate the hott 70s folks, where is the NSFW!!! I am on a work puter! (.pdf should make the images undetectable to company, but still!)

The Early Winters Catalogs from the late 70's had some tasteful photos, too.

I have a couple of their stuff sacks still.

Warmlite never went out of business. I don't get what you are trying to say.

Their tents are strong, light, and have a devoted following. Ditto the bags, especially in AK and the Yukon.

Early Winters copied the exact Stephenson tent design. I'm not sure if I would give Early Winters that much credit for anything.

My buddies and me used a Stephenson tent in AK back in the 80s. It worked great.

My point was simply that Early Winters had some skin shots in their catalogs in the late 70's... nothing more.

I found it interesting that they're given credit for first incorporating Gore-Tex into consumer products.

I'm not sure if I would give Early Winters that much credit for anything.

Well, they sure had a kick ass pair of spires named after the company. :crosseye:

I've still got an old 2R tent, but the lightweight coating on the floor looks like skin a week after a bad sunburn.