• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Griff

Wanted: crampons

I have a friend coming from Minnesota to climb Rainier next month and she needs some crampons. She has step-in compatible boots (about size 5-6 women's). Does anyone have some good crampons taking up storage space?

Griff willowtree6@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by Griff (edited 06-23-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Griff (edited 06-25-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Griff (edited 06-25-2001).]

Well, actually... funny you should ask.

I saw your post and briefly considered selling my Stubai Tirol's in lieu of purchasing something like DMM's Gladiator. But I think I'd have to replace my boots then, too. However my boots are giving me some grief in the ankles. Hmm. Let me think on this one and I'll get back to ya.

Plan "B" is to rent them, but it is kind of a long drive from where I live. She has done some basic climbing in Colorado and is starting to branch out, so she has been buying gear, but the costs are adding up. She isn't totally sure she will continue, but she probably will. Also, it is in her personality to like to own her main pieces of equipment...

Just out of curiosity...

If this is a one-use purchase, why not rent them?

Also, did you check David in Ballard & Verticalswamp's posts?

Hey, I've got a pair of Charlet Moser S12 semi-rigids for sale. These are the all strap version. Bought these for the ability to use them on all my boots, have since realized that it's not real often that I'm throwing crampons on anything other than my plastics. Retail for $138, I need $50 and shipping for them.

Thanks, but we already got some crampons. Thanks to those who responded. Maybe someone else here wants your S12s?