Wanted: crampons

Griff

I have a friend coming from Minnesota to climb Rainier next month and she needs some crampons. She has step-in compatible boots (about size 5-6 women's). Does anyone have some good crampons taking up storage space?

Griff willowtree6@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by Griff (edited 06-23-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Griff (edited 06-25-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Griff (edited 06-25-2001).]

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, actually... funny you should ask.

I saw your post and briefly considered selling my Stubai Tirol's in lieu of purchasing something like DMM's Gladiator. But I think I'd have to replace my boots then, too. However my boots are giving me some grief in the ankles. Hmm. Let me think on this one and I'll get back to ya.

Plan "B" is to rent them, but it is kind of a long drive from where I live. She has done some basic climbing in Colorado and is starting to branch out, so she has been buying gear, but the costs are adding up. She isn't totally sure she will continue, but she probably will. Also, it is in her personality to like to own her main pieces of equipment...

Hey, I've got a pair of Charlet Moser S12 semi-rigids for sale. These are the all strap version. Bought these for the ability to use them on all my boots, have since realized that it's not real often that I'm throwing crampons on anything other than my plastics. Retail for $138, I need $50 and shipping for them.