[TR] Kangaroo Pass Area - Peak 7840 kind of 11/24/2007

Animal

Trip: Kangaroo Pass Area - Peak 7840 kind of

Date: 11/24/2007

Trip Report:

This weekend Thatcher and myself went winter camping up by Kangaroo Pass with intent to climb something. We decided on Peak 7840 (I think this was the height). I believe the peak was on the "Birthday ski route". Anyhow we had great weather, and the climbing was easy. We did find a steep section where the sugar snow easily came off the rock face. I made it to the ridge, but Thatcher decided to take it easy. Anyhow I was in the warm sum looking at Thatcher freezing in the 15 degree shade, so I decided to down climb instead of making him wait while I scrambled to thee summit.

The scenes were great, and awesome all around, so here are some picts. from the weekend.

Thatcher - next time I am going to get you up that mountain.

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_00292.JPG

IMG_00233.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0039.JPG

IMG_00411.JPG

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_00362.jpg

Awesome! :brew:

Gear Notes:

Ice ax and snow shoes, but should have had skiis!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah im a pussy. i should have followed you up. i regret it now. oh well, it was still worth the weekend.

there was some ice forming next to the road just west of the hairpin turn. Nothing climbable yet, but soon! There was nothing at kangaroo pass. all powder.

this was all last week during our high pressure system. by now, more snow might mean more ice by the road.

is washington pass still open?

and yes that is the peak we were heading up.

yeah im a pussy. i should have followed you up. i regret it now. oh well, it was still worth the weekend.

Good climbing with you - I just had to give you a hard time, let me know next time you want to go out.

Yes, Thatcher was right, the third picture was the peak were trying to climb. Want an awesome looking peak from Kangaroo Pass!