Winter Trail Runners: Microspikes

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool! Those look beefy compared to the Yaktrax--I read mixed reviews about their durablility. I ordered a set of the Yaktrax but don't know if they're going to fit the bill, so maybe these microspike are a better alternative. Thanks for the heads up.

I also got a pair of the Atlas Run snowshoes so I can try snow running for the first time this year. I'm ready for winter now, baby. Bring it! :)

Yeah, some reviews of the Yaktraks indicated they break pretty easily. The Yaktaks are lighter and cheaper, though. We'll see about these. Unlike the Yaktraks, the bottom is all metal, so it seems like they should last a bit longer.

I saw a guy running down a really ice trail on Si with them, so I decided to pick up a pair.

I've got a pair of Tubbs 10K racing snowshoes. Nice and light, but I used them for everything and now they're blowing out pretty badly. I just ordered a pair of MSR Lightnings for backcountry stuff. I might try repairing the 10Ks and keep them for trail use.

Edited by tvashtarkatena