Goodbye

layton

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SS, I'm getting really tired of your long periods of cc.com abstinence

Yeah? Well, justice calls in places far and wide, not just this filthy den of subversion. Get in line. I got bigger fish to fry.

Besides. Abstinence can be very zen. :yoda:

Gotta go now.

17_steven_seagal_sensei.jpg

What is with the ring? What are you mafia?

Mike,

Even though I don't know you and we've never met I just want to say that I think you're making a great decision....

but I do have one bit of advice....when you get to SLC, keep driving until you get to Moab, when you get to Moab, stop, get out of your car, then.... get a job anywhere until you can get your practice up and running, it will take time....but it will happen. I promise that if you do, I'll come to Moab, screw up my back and come see you. I'll pay full price. I'll even belay you. That place is growing like mad and you need to get in on it.

If you are going to take a step like this....do it the, as advertised, Big Risk, Big Reward Mike Laytonâ„¢ way. Go for it.

Let's see here:

Mobile profession? Check!

Nothing tying you down? Check!

No plan? Check!

You're Young? Check!

No schedule? Check!

baa fetish!? Check!

You are a climber and you should have one priority: Climbing. Why do you suppose so many climbers live in that area? The Creek, Zion, Castle Valley, Fishers, Telluride, Black Canyon, Ouray, the Diamond....the list goes fucking on.....

man.... everything else will follow when you're doing what you love, including girls and sheep and such.

Do it for everyone who is stuck in the fucking rain when all they want to do is climb.

Get a big couch . See you in Moab you douchebag. :brew:

Mike,

emo_lovelargeprf1159030742largemsg115905728832.jpg

Let me first get it off my chest that you're the reason I joined Cascadeclimbers.com. You're my inspiration. You make life worth living. Before life was pretty scary, and some how I pulled through to make it to cc.com, and then there was you. You made it easy. Amazing Trip Reports. Funny Hijinks. You were there for me. Even though you were in Portland, I knew you were in the Pacific Northwest. I knew I could relate to you because of that. I knew you were "one of us". I knew I could count on you. I thought of you as brother. One of my family. At Christmas when I opened my gifts I thought of you and wondered what you were doing and if your presents were cool. I thought of you when I was stuck in a obligation when on a nice weekend...what routes were you on? Did you go for that big alpine route? Would you live? There were many sleepless nights. I remember when we first met. The very second, actually. It was at Second Ascent. You were working there. When I shook your hand, I don't know if you noticed, but I was trembling. It was a great moment, one for the ages...if only a photographer could have captured the moment. Our paths crossed maybe once more, maybe twice. You became a Seattlite, like me. You moved into the Lonely City. The City of No Friends. The City of Malcontent. I felt your loneliness, but I could not reach out. I was stuck in the same rut, but because of obligation I cannot leave like you. I can't just run away like a little baby. I can't just uproot and go start over. Take my ball and run away. Instead, I'll crack this nut. If I can make here, I'll make it anywhere! But I support your decision to leave. I love Utah. The Mormons are weird, I suggest you read Under The Banner Of Heaven before you leave. It will help your torment your new neighbors appropriately. I suggest you start a new religion down there. I'll be coming down to visit during that outdoor gear expo they have down there. I'll fully expect that you'll have a place for me to stay. And we'll miss you. But really, it isn't that far away...and anyway Kat is right....you'll be back.

Dude, good luck with the move, I know what you mean about leaving the PNW. For myself I wasn't really ready to leave the area, but I know at some point I will be back.

Luckily for you, if things aren't as good as you like them to be, the PNW is right around the corner. As much as people like to rag on SLC, mormons, near beer, gay mormons, whatever I have to say I love it out there. It is pretty cool city and I still have a few friends from there that I stay in touch with. I never did any climbing out there when I was living there, but I know there is plenty of good quality climbing. The skiing/boarding, freaking rocks, shit days are like good days in the PNW. I personally think it is the most beautiful state I have been too, except for the fact that it is missing the ocean.

I've met so many of you in person, this website has been like family to me. I will honestly and sincerely DEEPLY miss the cascades and more so, my friends I've met here over the years.

Thank you Jon and Timmay! for this great website, where one can not only get great beta, but speak freely and disagree about everything under the sun. I'll still be checking in and posting for sure.

Maybe I'll call this place home once more. The Cascades will always be where I belong in my heart and soul.

I couldn't agree more with these paragraphs.

Layton, best of luck in your new home!

But I might ask - why would a normal (i.e. non mormon, booze drinking, woman touching person) ever move to SLC? No amount of weather can make up for shitty, water downed beer, girls who wont put out, and a generally cultureless environment.

Us heathens will miss you!

P.S. Corrupt who you can...save one mormon, save the world...

b/c mike drinks pbr even when good beer's around, has grown accustomed to cruel women, was thinking of taking up a religion as a hobby (requires less time than climbing) and his idea of a cultured man is one who takes the dishes out of the sink 'fore he pisses in it?

Mike, thanks for dealing gracefully with my asshole phase of development here at cc.com. Good luck to you wherever you are. You should try and get yourself into Twight's gym. Of course when we're driving fifty plus miles to ski and climb you will be driving about a half hour to the insane pow. Just stock up on your liquor out here!

I know how you feel. Climbed down in Bishop in Oct, with some local old-timers, met some cool folks, and really dug the scene, couldn't get over the surplus of good rock, and made me thinking of making a move myself one day.

Cheers,

John C.