Goodbye

layton

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Layton, I wish you the best for your future and your happiness in a new place. I think you are a super person and I hope you believe that about yourself too sickie . Thank you for climbing with me a few times around here. I hope we will climb again sometime around there.

After 10 years living in the Pacific Northwest, I feel that it's finally time for me to move on. I don't know when I'll be back, although I feel somehow I'll wind up here again sometime in my life - be it sooner or much later. I'm most likely moving to Salt Lake City where I can be closer to better weather and climbing. My biggest reason for leaving is that I just don't feel like I'm home here anymore.

Hopefully I've added something to this website, and to the local climbing scene. Maybe someone will use a TR or two that I've posted to help them climb something they wouldn't have before.

I put 3 weeks notice in to my job this monday, and my last day officially here will be November 14th. I must admit that I'm terrified to move, but I feel that it's in my best interest. I don't know many people in SLC, so I'd love to hear from you if you live there or know someone who you think I'd be friends with there.

I've met so many of you in person, this website has been like family to me. I will honestly and sincerely DEEPLY miss the cascades and more so, my friends I've met here over the years.

Thank you Jon and Timmay! for this great website, where one can not only get great beta, but speak freely and disagree about everything under the sun. I'll still be checking in and posting for sure.

Maybe I'll call this place home once more. The Cascades will always be where I belong in my heart and soul.

Much love and fondness,

Mike Layton

I am really going to miss you dear. Please take care of you and be in touch when you can.

if one more attractive man moves away i am going to have take drastic action :cry: I lost my climbing partner (badvoodoo moved to Sydney) and now Mikey too. God this is depressing.

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

Hey Mike! Good for you and best of luck. But why SLC and why not MN?!?!?! I mean, c'mon!!!! :confused:

I will miss seeing you when I visit out there.

You were one of the first folks in the PNW to take me "under your wing" by inviting me out to J-tree. Whoooo did I need that trip! I enjoyed our conversations and became inspired by your ability to recover from that accident in Red Rocks and get back out there. I also admire your ability to just go after whatever you want (ie/climbing, school). You were part of my formative climbing years and made a difference. Shit! how can I ever forget my first fall on a cam with you on the other end of the rope. Or, you tolerating me playing 'hide and seek' every morning with your cams, so I could get a full critique of placements.

You are a goofball and I luv ya for it!

I will bug ya when I am free and able to take my year long road trip in the near future. SLC is on my list of places to visit.

Good Luck and enjoy whatever you wind up doing.

Chau!

Carolyn

Hey Mike, good luck in your venture...I know how it feels to wanna be on da move!

Not sure how set on SLC you are, but fwiw I have never really felt 'at home' since I left Bozeman. You might want to spend little time there and check out the opportunity. You'd dig it for shizzl.

Cya!