Goodbye

layton

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with Jayb. What ever you are looking for will not necessarily be found by moving. But with that said……hope you find what you are looking for. The next question I have for you is why do you have to announce you are leaving? What purpose does it service to post on this site that the “all famous” Michael Layton is moving out of the NW? Looking for a little ego stroke? Well you got it…….

Cheers!

:brew:

goddammit!!!

mike, ya can't leave till you find me a suitable replacement for yerself - my list of alpine-ready partners was piss-poor as it was, who's gonna bat clean-up now? there's a deplorable shortage of whiskey-swilling, cigarette-smoking, nihilism-venting hardmen out there...

I have to agree with Jayb. What ever you are looking for will not necessarily be found by moving. But with that said……hope you find what you are looking for. The next question I have for you is why do you have to announce you are leaving? What purpose does it service to post on this site that the “all famous” Michael Layton is moving out of the NW? Looking for a little ego stroke? Well you got it…….

Cheers!

:lmao:

goddammit!!!

mike, ya can't leave till you find me a suitable replacement for yerself - my list of alpine-ready partners was piss-poor as it was, who's gonna bat clean-up now? there's a deplorable shortage of whiskey-swilling, cigarette-smoking, nihilism-venting hardmen out there...

lack of partners and always climbing alone. either you don't like people or.........

And you deserve an ego stroke sir. You have brought a lot of specialized wisdom to the board, and have at all times been willing to write long educated posts to help us noobs. I often said that cc.c should put your posts in a slightly larger font and darkly bolded to help convey the significance of what you were saying. Happy trails sir, SLC will be a better place with you there.

Eric

Cheers!

:lmao:

Caaareeefuuul,

He's gonna start thinking we're nice.

i think is what kevbone means is that you make it sound so permanent. i used to live in potland and now i live in calirado, but i have been back to see all my bros every year for the past seven years. your not moving to mars mike, your moving a couple states away. now all your bros on this site have someone to visit in utah. i think iy's a great thing to move around a experience a different scene.

good luck,

You are making the right decision (assuming you looked at the job situation first).

It will never be easier to move, and in fact as time goes on, you will find more and more things that glue your feet to the ground.

So good on ya for doing it now while you are still young and living your dream.

Good luck Mike, you only get 1 go round in life, and once the merry-go-round ends thats it bubba, so you might as well sit on a pretty horse while the rides still happenin'! :wave:

BTW, the solution to that Mormon visit thing noted up there is to leave a couple of empty wine bottles next to your front door.

Edited by billcoe

Mike,

Kevbone is right, You cannot outrun your drug, sex and food addictions no matter how fast you run. You are a special special person Mike and you need to learn how to be unhappy like the rest of us. I am pretty sure you already know that you will always be screwed up, hopefully you'll get to climb in the sun more now though.

I AM GONNA MISS YOUR GUTS OUT SO HARD THEY ARE GONNA GET PREGNANT!!!!! Ahhh, the memories we've shared BFF, I guess this means my mom can stop sending the checks for hanging out with me. And, my family is going to miss you too. But hey, at least I'll have a place to stay in SLC now. And with the modern invention of automobiles, you'll only be 12 hours away!

Life is about the destination not the journey,

Watch yer top knot!!!!

Katywompus woozel wooper roo.

...you only get 1 go round in life, and once the merry-go-round ends thats it bubba, so you might as well sit on a pretty horse while the rides still happenin'!

I really like that sentiment. I'm gonna have to remember that one. :tup:

Mike,

While we never met, I respected what you and your various partners accomplished in the alpine, and always enjoyed reading your TRs. Maybe someday I, too, will make a trip to BoBB.

Enjoy life!