I am gonna go postal!!!!!!!!!!

As copied from my blog...

My mom asks me why I think she is insane. Now (as if this is a first) I have a concrete example that I can show her :)

First a little background: several years ago, my mom started getting really paranoid that someone was stalking her. Here is the evidence she had to support her theory; rocks in the front yard landscaping were being turned over in the middle of the night ( ooOH!), scratches in the furniture were appearing while she was out (I can remember putting one of those in as a child, but she wont listen), bolts holding things together in the house were being loosened (god forbid that should happen after 15 years of structural neglect!), a bike also disappeared out of the front yard (again obviously the stalker) and the list has gone on for the last 5 or so years.

In response to this threat she has this house wired up like Fort Fucking Knox!!!! There is a motion sensor in every room, all the doors are alarmed, there are video cameras everywhere (mission impossible style in the smoke alarms too), and for several months, she would sneak my brothers out of the house after dark so the evil doer wouldn't see, and a retired policeman/PI would come and sit in the house all night waiting for said evildoer to come and loosen more screws (there werent any left to loosen in my moms head though). All the while I am sitting back enjoying the show whenever I come to visit.

I woke up this morning to the house alarm. Yes all 50,000 watts of screaming highpitched siren. Apparently when my mom left this morning she forgot I was here and reset the alarm. Isnt that safe of her! When I rolled over in bed, that triggered the motion sensor. The security company calls but because I am not on the approved security list (she wont put me on because she isnt entirely convinced I am not the stalker) they cant deactivate the alarm. Apparently they were able to get ahold of her at the school eventually. She told them I was ok, and to reset the alarm. So they did. It stopped for 3 seconds, just enough time for me to take out my earplugs, and then started again! They reset it, but didnt turn it off. By this point the neighbors are coming by to see what is up; I just shake my head, they nod, and walk away. Mom wont give me her passowrd (remember I might still be the one turning over rocks in the night) and insists she is driving the 30 min home to deactivate it herself. Awesome. Earplugs in, knife in hand, I went about "deactivating" the alarms by cutting wires until I was either shocked or the thing shut up. All but the outside alarm are now "deactivated" as I sit and wait for psycho lady to get home.

Oh, whatddaya know! the alarm turned off again! Now I get to sit perfectly still while typing until she gets home so I dont trip the motion sensor again.

Welcome to my life!

I want to get back to Oregon.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I obviously don't know how old you are (or how old your mother is for that matter), but three possibilities come to mind:

(1) Its time to move out and be on your own.

(2) Your mother needs some help, either for an acute issue or for the onset of dementia

(3) She's right.

Regardless, your rant on your blog seems disrespectful - regardless of the source of her problem. If she is having some problems, try to be supportive and help her.

I moved out a long time ago.

She refuses professional help ever since she saw her last therapist cheating on his wife.

I disagree.

I am visiting her in california for a few days, and stuff like this happens all the time. Disrespectful, yes, but I have to cope some how, and I write about it.

yea, 2 bros(21 & 17). one lives with her. I can tell you that things like this happen frequently with her. She just forgets about them after a while. Its always been like that. She is AD/HD to the extreme and she forgets the bad times. (this one being the big exception).

For my own personal sanity, I can't stay here too long to help her out with things.

I don't know how old your mom is, but a friend's mom had a really early onset of Alzheimers and got really, really paranoid about stuff. Take her to her physician and make sure nothing is going on medically.

And blogging is a good outlet for you to remain sane under those kind of conditions! Many people use their blogs to rant and rave and get things off their chests. Just be sure to also give as much support to your mom and bros as you can. Sounds like they all need it.

Fortunately for you, you're in a more common situation than you might imagine. Others who have been through this before have laid the groundwork on how to proceed for you.

First question: is Mom rich? If the answer is no, simply move away and fail to leave a forwarding address. Problem solved.

If the answer is yes, however, then the next step is to kill her, of course. She's miserable, and she's making everyone else miserable. Couldn't YOU find a better use for her money than expensive motion detection systems? Sure you could.

People with active minds, such as your mom, typically take a lot of medication. At any given moment they're usually somewhere out beyond the Kuiper Belt, in a highly elliptical orbit fueled by oxycontin, diet Pepsi, and VO. This tendency, which may have been an inconvenience during family get togethers in the past, is now an opportunity. Simply blend a few extra valiums into her mid-morning Manhattan, ease her into the pool (she does have a pool, doesn't she?) and let gravity do the rest. Very common accident, and kind of classy, in a Natalie Wood kind of way.

The best part is, it's nearly impossible to get caught. Practically no one kills Mom. Both parents, with a shotgun, as teenagers, sure, but just Mom? No way. And besides, the cops will probably appreciate not hearing from her anymore, so they'll make their investigation of her demise extra snappy.

Even better...WHAT A SCREENPLAY! So good luck. Be sure the let us all know how it goes.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I don't know how old your mom is, but a friend's mom had a really early onset of Alzheimers and got really, really paranoid about stuff. Take her to her physician and make sure nothing is going on medically.

And blogging is a good outlet for you to remain sane under those kind of conditions! Many people use their blogs to rant and rave and get things off their chests. Just be sure to also give as much support to your mom and bros as you can. Sounds like they all need it.

Good advice.