Winter/Cold Weather Mountaineering Boots

piscomac

Looking for a pair of Winter Mountaineering/Alpine boots that can withstand anything from slogging in the Lower 48 to South American high altitude stuff. Currently, I own a pair of Scarpa Freney XT's and while their great, the insulation is poor. I live in Minnesota, am climbing Mt. Hood this January, and need something warmer. Please help! What do you all recommend. I'm looking to spend less than $500.

I've looked at a few options and would love your feedback/suggestions.

Do they make Koflach's anymore?

La Sportiva Neputse

La Sportiva Nepal EVO's

???

Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scarpa omegas without a doubt. Great in wet/cold weather and are extremely comfortable and easy to climb in. There really versatile as well, I use them for vertical ice climbing as well as mountaineering. There also right around $500 and itll be the best boot you ever buy. Very similar to the invernos but there noticeably lighter and the myth is that their not quite as warm, but scarpa also carries a high altitude inner booty if your really worried about it, but they are plety warm for any advenure ive been on, check em out.