Good Sound Rocks

mattp

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dat wut.

I use a Bose PAS for my bass amplifier at gigs, whether loud and electric or quiet and acoustic. muthafukka kicks serious ass.

Use a Bose 5.1 for home theater surround sound - rocks the snow off the roof.

The Bose folks are acoustic wizards.

You, are green with envy:4214.gif

I find the Bose stuff great for home theater small unobtrusive surround sound speakers all pretty well made. Needs a kick ass sub woofer for explosions. For music you can do well for less cost. I am old school enough to know that vinyl is only good for the first couple plays then the highs decline.

Yup, I don't hear so good. But what I'm hearing in the living room sounds pretty good to me and the speakers were not very expensive. Klipsch would have been twice as much and we'd have the twin towers next to our sofa instead of something about the scale of a small end table. And yes, the old vinyl has lost much of its umph, but on our system some of those records that aren't worn out sound a hell of a lot more dynamic than the cd's. Is it maybe important to look for a fancy cd player, too?

(By the way, I bought the speakers from a guy living on the waterfront in Skagit County, a guy who told a bunch of disgusting stories.)

as to Bose: I don't pretend to know a lot about stereo's or sound, but I've read some of that crap on the web and it looke to me like it is in style to dislike all of their products just because it is cool. These 901's are pretty good, though, and it seems to me they are much more non-directional than other options without drilling your house full of holes and running cord all over the place for surround sound.

Porter: your pictures remind me of these babies I'm storing for somebody at present:

speakers.jpg

They sound really great, but to best appreciate them you have to orient them just right and then sit in just the best spot.

as to Bose: I don't pretend to know a lot about stereo's or sound, but I've read some of that crap on the web and it looke to me like it is in style to dislike all of their products just because it is cool. These 901's are pretty good, though, and it seems to me they are much more non-directional than other options without drilling your house full of holes and running cord all over the place for surround sound.

Porter: your pictures remind me of these babies I'm storing for somebody at present:

speakers.jpg

They sound really great, but to best appreciate them you have to orient them just right and then sit in just the best spot.

those are scratching posts for the cat right?