• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
rmncwrtr

PDX Holiday Pub Club

The Seattle folks are doing one. We should, too.

Any PDXers up for partaking in a little holiday cheer on Wednesday evening, December 12th at The Lucky Lab on Hawthorne?

that's like, weeks away! i'm lucky if i manage to follow-through on a commitment i make for this evening!

:brew:

It's really only two weeks away, Ivan, and people usually get booked up around the holiday time. This way no one can say they didn't have enough notice. Plus if another date works better we have time to switch it :)

WTF... I'll try and make it! 7:00-7:30ish then.

Edited by Mikester

I should have time to dry out from all the alchohol I've consumed over this holiday to show up, but it might be closer to 7-7:30 PM as a better time for me.

They don't reserve tables, just a party room but that costs $. I'll get there a little early and get a table.

Kevbone - if you show up, will Miles need a high chair or be lapping it?

Kevbone - if you show up, will Miles need a high chair or be lapping it?

Not really sure at this point. If we go it would be for beer and snacks.....not dinner.....so probably a lap.

I think Opdyke will be there. He does not post on this site.....matter of fact he does not post anywhere....he does not believe in the web. But he can drink beer. And I think it will be only me.....no Miles.

who's Jim?

Your daddy....my daddy.....everybody's daddy.

Jim is the unofficial "caretaker" of Beacon Rock. Go out there on any given weekend and you will find him hanging out at the base. He is 63 and still climbing.

IMG_1207.JPG

I talked to Jim last night about this very function and he's in as long as someone reminds him closer to the date. :lmao:

Saw Joseph too as we were doing a rope hostage exchange thing before he leaves town again, but as he's all over the nets and most likely saw this I didn't bring it up. I suspect he is in Vegas/Alburqurque. - guessing we won't see him.

It will be good to see Ivan too, since he's now going to be there. I can counsel the lad on relationships....NOT. :wave:. Well, after my 5th pint maybe.

BTW, old F* reminder (moi and Jim for sure), dress warm, that place is cold....brrrr.

HEY HEY, GOOD IDEA, LETS GET ONE OF THE ROOMS THERE!

Edited by billcoe

HEY HEY, GOOD IDEA, LETS GET ONE OF THE ROOMS THERE!

Bill are you saying you want to “get a room” with me? Jeez……I like you but….come on! :grin:

:lmao:

Also: lets get the Silverman bros and John Freih to show up too, they all seem to be avoiding this thread. I'll buy the first round.

I'll definitely put out reminders as it gets closer, Bill.

BTW, I just called to check on the private room, but it's already booked for the 12th.

Sign in to follow this