Cool mountain history

G-spotter

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been up there several times - all without a trip to the Rugged summit. If you've spent time there I'm sure that you know the torrential rain that you get up there most of the time. I was born in Tahsis so I have always wanted to get up Rugged - maybe winter is the way. Are you an Islander? Not too many over there who climb waterfall ice. Actually, the Beyond Nootka site that started this thread belongs to a friend of mine Linsay Elms - extremely well travelled over there.

Edited by Matt Kidd

That it a good friend to have I suspect. His book is very good. The Nomash is a very fun area.

North Island moisture, wow it sure can add to or make or steal from the experience. One time when descending the Nathan Cr Col, just at the top down the heather the up rush of wind blown rain hit and flushed the eyes and when I blinked it was exactly the same as driving your car through a storm with the wipers going...each blink cleared the eye ball. That was during one summer.

It is a very fun area.

Here is another fun corner to in that cirque.

Rugged_Ice_SW_Face_Cirque_NW_Aspect.jpg

Edited by blueserac