Nearly-virgin Granite Crag for sale

ScottP

A while back I found a granite crag in Washington (about 2 hours from Seattle) that appeared to have no development on it. I put in two routes and since this forum is touted as an e-bay for climbing, just for fun I would see if any body would like to bid on directions to this lovely spot. Highest bidder gets the beta.

You can view it at http://home.att.net/~preshos/various.htm

(Look for "Canis Crag")

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

scott i hope you have cleared your sale of public property with the deofrest service. i know that you will only sell to a qualified buyer. but my borther does own a quarry bussiness and i think he would really be interested in purchasing public land for pennies on the dollar, especially land that has little to no human contact. less emotions involved.

Ok You got it man. Hows about Bolt Monster and I ring in the celebrations with us rap bolting all the crack lines with our new super gas powered roto drill?

Seriously though, Scott you post this glam shot and then don't say anything about it. Are you setting up some future spray that you sent all the killer lines before anyone could get a chance or do you want some people to go climb there? Not that there is anything wrong with that tongue.gif

-Cpt outbidded

I'll need advance notice of this outing as I might need to use local Porter Chepe to haul some goods for us to base camp. Beldar for solicitation of my services I will take you along for free or we can just hit the magic carpet ride to Cannibus Crag instead via THC crack.

Who's team are you on Blakley? Time to bring out the big guns. Ok, how bout a high altitude snowmobile with anti avalanche guns and big pipes off a Harley, leather silver beaded thong included.

Team!?? I think it is all for himself here to get the diros. I like the dog idea Blakely I am anti vegetarian so self propelled food is great especially when they also haul gear. Finger lickin good. As far as devices I will intro the prototype Cavewagon as see in the picture below (top secret). It has Mk-19 automatic grenade launchers and spy hunter machine guns as well as a turret equipped with the infamous flamethrower among other things. We can watch MTV while bivied below the summit rock in grand style. If we get bored then we can fire the Mk-19 down the south slopes into the homes below.

captcave.jpg

Canis Crag specs:

1/4 mile wide

300+ meters tall

Solid, clean granite

Cracks (finger to offwidth), steep, slabs, overlaps, and a killer squeeze thing through a roof.

One unfinished route is a 5.9/10a hand crack to a ledge. Potential for a continuation of the crack to the top with a bit of gardening.

One route is the easiest route on the crag at about 5.6/7; discontinuous cracks to a low angle dihedral, 1.5 pitches

North facing aspect, 2 mile approach with a more direct possible after beating some brush to find the route.

The most distinct aspect of this crag (besides the carcasses of two terrier type dogs at the base) is a steep slab in the center with wicked overlaps at the top. Could make for perhaps 3 pitches of sustained climbing per route.

When I get a more direct trail into the base, finish the handcrack to the top, and one more crack line that I have been eyeing, I'll post the location.

Hopefully the end of this summer.

Though I do like the idea of a trade for the magic carpet ride.

[This message has been edited by ScottP (edited 05-24-2001).]

Wow Scott a 300 meter crag with potential! That truly sounds cool. How involved is the approach? I'm psyched to check this out.

Duh 2 mile approach. Read that after I hastily posted this.

On the topic of self propelled food, I am working with Jon (he's a scientist) on genetically engineering a Power Bar that will walk itself into the route :-)

[This message has been edited by jblakley (edited 05-24-2001).]