The Smart Cars are coming

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give up. Even when we try to engage you in civil discussion, your personality defect rises to the surface. You have a disorder. Time to face it.

OMG...you're making me...

...*sniff*...

...:cry:

STFU, Shitfeather.

Fuck off, vacuous moron. I know the truth about you....

Asperger syndrome

Classification & external resources ICD-10 F84.5

ICD-9 299.8

OMIM 608638

DiseasesDB 31268

MedlinePlus 001549

eMedicine ped/147

Asperger syndrome (also Asperger's syndrome, Asperger's disorder, Asperger's, AS, or AD) is one of several autism spectrum disorders (ASD) characterized by difficulties in social interaction and by restricted and stereotyped interests and activities. AS is distinguished from the other ASDs in having no general delay in language or cognitive development. Although not mentioned in standard diagnostic criteria, motor clumsiness and atypical use of language are frequently reported.[1][2]

Asperger syndrome was named after Hans Asperger who, in 1944, described children in his practice who appeared to have normal intelligence but lacked nonverbal communication skills, failed to demonstrate empathy with their peers, and were physically clumsy.

I give up. Even when we try to engage you in civil discussion, your personality defect rises to the surface. You have a disorder. Time to face it.

ok , nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (sorry the o got stuck) ,more bitch slappin '.!!! IF YOU CANT GET ALONG WITH TVASH, how you gonna get along with beige-turbanated-plastic-knife-carrying arabs.???

love the one you're with.!!! all mf'n 6billions of them .

I bought my last car new about 1 & 1/2 years ago, so I'm not gonna trot out and buy one of these, but I'd consider it for my next car unless the Outback made some serious changes in the next 10 years. What the hell, it gets 24-26, they claim the Smart gets 40, so I assume that means 35-37.

RBW1966 just sold me his TDI Passat Wagon. It gets 45-47mpg without flinching, has a shitload more room, and flies up mountain passes like they aren't there.

and they're pretty cheap:

Smartcar USA

Back to the future: From left to right: The Messerschmidt Kabinenroller and BMW Isseta from the early '50s alongside today's Daimler AG SmartCar

2038550477_787ec28cae_o.jpg

I've had mine for about a year and a half - even the same colour as the one shown. I love it - fun, economical, and surprisingly good on the highway. Drove from Lake Louise to Penticton this summer for just under $18.00 :tup:

Chicks seem to dig it, too. They just don't think much of me :( but I don't think that's the car's fault.

Yeah, yea, yea - whatever. I can distinctly recall someone meeting you and hearing some variation on the "Wow - that' Murray's such a cool guy, I wonder if he's dating anyone? Hmmm - I wonder which of my friends I should try to set him up with?" about a thousand times before I explained that: said characteristics + owner of a successful business generally = has the chick thing covered. So the statements about the car are accurate but the rest is just more self-serving distortions of the facts by a Canadian with an agenda.

I wonder which of my friends I should try to set him up with?

:laf:

Yeah, that seems to be the problem. It's like every woman I've ever met has been really keen on setting me up with "someone else". Anyone else. It doesn't matter who else, as long as it's not her. So she introduces someone to me, who then starts trying to set me up with someone else, who in turn tries to set me up with someone else. And so on, and so on...

Not one of them has ever been willing even just to go to a movie with me: they've always been more interested in trying to set me up with "someone else"

I bought my last car new about 1 & 1/2 years ago, so I'm not gonna trot out and buy one of these, but I'd consider it for my next car unless the Outback made some serious changes in the next 10 years. What the hell, it gets 24-26, they claim the Smart gets 40, so I assume that means 35-37.

RBW1966 just sold me his TDI Passat Wagon. It gets 45-47mpg without flinching, has a shitload more room, and flies up mountain passes like they aren't there.

That's because it's a diesel. Apples and oranges with a gasoline engine as far as economy and emissions are concerned.

I gotta agree with the folks who say that smart car doesn't deliver the mileage performance you ought to get from something that size. We have a Toyota Echo, essentially the same chassis the original Prius had, but without the batteries and such. It's a 2002, bought new for $14,000 when my wife had to commute twice a week from Oly to Portland. It's got a good 140,000 miles on it now and still gets a pretty steady 43mpg on the highway. It does seat four, though there's not enough trunk space to make a four person road trip.

I gotta agree with the folks who say that smart car doesn't deliver the mileage performance you ought to get from something that size. We have a Toyota Echo, essentially the same chassis the original Prius had, but without the batteries and such. It's a 2002, bought new for $14,000 when my wife had to commute twice a week from Oly to Portland. It's got a good 140,000 miles on it now and still gets a pretty steady 43mpg on the highway. It does seat four, though there's not enough trunk space to make a four person road trip.

Tvash says you are lying. Only two petrol cars ever got over 40mpg - and your choice was not one of them. Tvashtarketena has spoken. Tvashtarketena has the EPA milage estimates at his fingertips. It is not possible that anyone but Tvashtarketena is correct. Please step up to your intellect, OW.

TOP FUEL ECONOMY LEADERS - 2001 MODEL YEAR

Manufacturer/Model City/Highway

1. Honda Insight (electric hybrid) 61/68

2. Toyota Prius (electric hybrid) 52/45

3. Volkswagen Golf (diesel, manual) 42/49

3. Volkswagen Jetta (diesel, manual) 42/49

3. Volkswagen New Beetle (diesel, manual) 42/49

4. Honda Civic HX (manual) 36/44

5. Suzuki Swift 36/42

6. Honda Civic HX (automatic) 35/40

7. Volkswagen Jetta (diesel, automatic) 34/45

7. Volkswagen Golf (diesel, automatic) 34/45

7. Volkswagen New Beetle (diesel, automatic) 34/45

8. Toyota Echo 34/41

9. Chevrolet Prizm 32/41

9. Toyota Corolla 32/41

10. Honda Civic 32/39

source

I kind of like the smart cars since they're small. It's nice to have a big rig every once and a while, but you don't need one for day to day travel unless you're a contractor that carries a lot of equipment. I hear the smart cars are legal for nose in parking in a lot of places; that's a handy feature.

Those all electric vehicles look pretty cool. A friend of mine turned a minivan style rig into an electric vehicle. He's had it for a couple months and it seems to do pretty well. He had to put a ton of batteries in the back, but I believe he can drive 70 miles between charges. He only drives it around town.

All I have to say about fuel is diesel rules. Real truckers who drive for a living have diesel trucks and folks who use things like chippers for a living go for diesel engines. I'm not going to get into the arguments on bio vs petroleum diesel. Diesel rules no matter what type.