list of cc.comies you'd most like to meet

minx

yeah, right. like 99% of washingtonians know how to merge onto the freeway? or even use turn signals? :battlecage:

That's a really good point, Bob. I have thought for a long time that there should be some sort of a test that they should give people before they are allowed to drive a car. They would need to show that they could safely operate the car, and then maybe do a written test to show that they understand the rules we have about driving. If that didn't work, they could have law enforcement ticket people for doing things that are unsafe to themselves and others instead of trying to "catch" people speeding.

Yes, there's a good reason they won't let me be in charge of anything.

Delhi-- a continuous throng of people, traffic lanes don't exist-- 8 lanes of cars on a 3 lane road. traffic signs? non-existent. occasional camel? try frequent cows stopped in the middle of the road. Mix in bicycles, mopeds, donkey and horse pulled cars then add an occasional elephant and camel and it's complete traffic meltdown.

anyone ever noticed how, no matter where you go in the world, people bitch about how they drive there?

That's true, but 'Oregon drivers' is as grand an oxymoron as can be found. The only other state I've witnessed such mass incompetence and inconsiderate behavior was in South Florida where a large percentage of the drivers are ancient and inexperienced New Yorkers. They're just plain mean in Boston, fast in LA, erratic in Atlanta, solid in Chicago - but Oregon, just painfully bad all the way around. And the most painful part is watching them every year as daylight savings and the rain converge on them at once inducing three weeks of mass vehicular hysteria.

On topic, everyone is fairly entertaining, but Off as well as the usual handful of trads are the ones I'd probably most want to rope up with whom I haven't yet had the pleasure. There are probably a few others, but my wife might take exception to them.

:lmao:

I was gonna say that I shaved my beard off earlier this spring, but that second comment just blew me away. :laf:

Edited by sobo (Today at 01:42 PM)

Edit Reason: to clean up the root beer I just blew out of my nose

Sobo, when was the last time you actually had a root beer? In Blacksburg in 1974?

:lmao:

I was gonna say that I shaved my beard off earlier this spring, but that second comment just blew me away. :laf:

Edited by sobo (Today at 01:42 PM)

Edit Reason: to clean up the root beer I just blew out of my nose

Sobo, when was the last time you actually had a root beer? In Blacksburg in 1974?

Well Brad, if you look at the timestamp on that message, it was right after lunch on a Monday. Now, I can't very well let my employer know I'm drinking on the job on a Monday, can I? They'll think I have instability issues, or maybe something worse. :crazy:

No, I need to wait until at least after 4:00 pm on Wednesdays. That way, I can fool them into thinking I'm normal... sorta... :brew:

Old Saigon, right down in the middle of Quan 1. Traffic lanes are totally ignored, signals are merely suggestions (and not very well respected at that), everyone has a worn out thumb from mashing the horn button, and a speed limt? WTF is that? And there is ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY NO SUCH THING as right-of-way for a ped. You are all TARGETS!

I have this great video that I took while I was chauffered around on the back of a motorscooter by "Mr. Phuc." I swear to Dog we were almost killed at least 7 times in 2 hours. And that's not counting the boat bandits that boarded us when we caught a "ferry" (it was on old rowboat to which some enterprising capitalist had affixed a trolling motor) across the Mekong.

Good times... :brew:

I've met RuMR and he's no big thing. :D

I'd like to meet the go big day trip crowd like zoroastr, off_the_hook, skykilo, TeleRoss, and of course the inimitable Danny H.

I have met a couple blasts from the past that were entertaining: Captain Caveman and Uncle Tricky

I don't want to meet anybody with zero posts who just registers to PM people.

I've been thinking.

I don't want to meet any of you.

You can't stay on topic.

You must all be on drugs.

You commit to show up for a meeting, don't show, and the next day make a totally lame post about "being busy, it's that time of year." When you made the commitment you knew what time of year it was going to be.

• 3 weeks later...