conditions in leavenworth/hyalite???

Denizen

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leavenworth has not. If you haven't already the introduction to Washington Ice is prerequisite reading for understanding NW ice alchemy.

As far as Hyalite canyon some of the early season suspects (twin falls) were in but a recent warm spell melted a lot of it. After a week of above freezing temps it finally dipped back below freezing Sunday night so things should be forming back up.

The best up to date conditions can be found on montanaice.com which for some reason has been down today. Get in a habit of checking this website once every few days or so to keep up on what is getting climbed, etc etc.

For Hyalite, as of this last weekend Twin falls was out along with G2 and everything else. However, it has been colder here and we might have some stuff formed up by the end of next week. I did twin in really thin and wet conditions two sundays ago and was totally stoked, but now im waiting again. We watched cleo's completely collapse in front of us as soon as we finished rapping down twin (scary).

• 3 weeks later...

Most everything is in now for hyalite. some things in thin condition. all the grade 3/4 climbs close to the trailhead were done. also cleo's (not touching down), resposible family men, winter dance, Dribbles, Silken, Twin, Thrill is gone, Elevator shaft, fat one, and Mummy I-IV. probably some others too, but I can't remember.

• 2 months later...

http://www.montanaice.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=890&start=0

They are not finished yet. Amy put up a good post yesterday suggesting that we keep up with our good citizenship and not interfere with the plowing efforts. As of yesterday they had it clear and open to the dam. Above that, there is still plenty of work for them and I assume they won't appreciate yesterday's new snow being packed by sleds etc.

With some luck, they will wrap it up tomorrow. (John; it looks like they will just go to Grotto Falls, not the East Fork.)

Steve