Storm Watch 2007!!!!

wayne

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Drove into Seattle at about 2 p.m. and found relatively calm, balmy conditions. I parked in a 3-minute zone and conducted my 10 minutes of business (picked up a Swiss Army watch that couldn't be repaired). Then back to Bonney Lake where conditions were probably worse. I was pleased the power stayed on (instead of 5 days out and losing $700 of freezer food like the last big storm).

On my way home today I drove past a HUGE branch/half of tree, that completely coverered a full size van and passport. Both totaled. All due to wind.....crazy.

yeah i totally saw that too...was the one you're talkin about in nopo?

Yes.....crazy you saw it as well. I take Williams instead of I5 on most days.....drove right past it.

I drove from 11worth around noon on Monday (upper thirties f and rain). Snow on the road at the north end of Tumwater Canyon with slushy rain coming down (34f). Drove into a section of realtively dry snow on the curves before the Berne maintenance shed (32f). Slush on road all the way to the pass and light rain (33f). The temperature rose 10 degrees just beyond the crest, with bare, wet road and strong gusts all the way to Gold Bar.

I went to get my bike out of my shed to bike to work yesterday morning... after I opened the glass paned door and reached inside for my bike, the door came hurling back at me because of the wind. My elbow ended up going through one of the panes of glass. Didn't get hurt( I was mainly concerned about tearing my rain jacket that I was wearing anyway), but now my door is broken.