Platypus bladders

plexus

Got my first one about six years ago. It lasted nearly five years before it was getting rather wrinkled and untrustworthy.

Since then I have gone through three of them; my third developing a slow leak from an indiscernable hole near the nozzle. :cry:

Anybody else having these problems? Did they change the thickness of the plastic on the bladders in the past few years, because I abused my first one?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started using an msr dromedary. i like it much more than camelbacks, platypus, or any other brand of hydration system. With an insulated tube, it works great for everything I use it for. Just my two cents.

But does the dromedary make your water taste like plastic? That's why i've always stuck to the platypus.

Anyone have experiences with the "nalgene" brand? I want one 'cause it hooks in to my purifier.

I've had a platypus for ~4 years sans problems (unless you count difficulty of preventing it from becoming a popular microbial habitation)

and as far as taste goes, yes platypus is relatively tasteless while my fiancee's camelback tastes plastic-ish

Edited by ClimbingPanther

Anyone have experiences with the "nalgene" brand? I want one 'cause it hooks in to my purifier.

I've had a platypus for ~4 years sans problems (unless you count difficulty of preventing it from becoming a popular microbial habitation)

and as far as taste goes, yes platypus is relatively tasteless while my fiancee's camelback tastes plastic-ish

I had one with the quick-release hose connection. Biggest POS I have ever owned! Constantly either leaking or coming undone while snowboarding.