Looking for thermofit boot liners

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked up an old set of Scarpa T-2's to learn to Tele in and the liners are pretty packed out. Will the Morrow's work for these or should dig up something else?

Lots of folks on TTips have been buying the Morrows for exactly that. For only $30 it's worth a shot as long as you get an appropriately sized liner.

I tried using an Intuition liner which was too big in my old T2s, thinking that the forming process would make everything fit, but they ended up causing painful toe pinch 'cause there just wasn't enough room. I keep meaning to buy a smaller pair of liners and trying again.

So the follow on, is any size suggestions? The T2's are a shell size 8/9 (English) , but a perfect liner size for me is a 27.5 which seems right between a 9 and 10 American size. Any idea of the size 10 morrow will fit into shell size 8/9 T2's, and then fill in a bit with thermofitting, or should I go down a size?

Thanks in Advance!

When I had my intuitions fitted, the tech had me in a smaller size liner than I normally wear. My fitter said the following:

A liner will grow, but will not shrink. Do not get a liner that is too big for your foot.

You want as much foam as you need to start with, the foam will not increase in volume when you heat it, but will shrink in volume when you cool it on your foot.

Based on that, if you have a shell that is pretty form-fitted to your foot to start with, you don't want a lot of foam, so you get a smaller liner, and as you put it on it will stretch out and fill the small space.

If the boot has enough space, get the liner that fits just right, which should be too large for the boot, and it will shrink to fit the interior of the boot.

Your boot is too large if a liner that fits your foot fine fits the boot fine, or has slop room. Get a new boot with the right fit from the right manufacturer as much as that hurts.

Hope that makes sense and that my fitter was telling the truth ;)