Alcohol

ScottP

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

What can I say about Red Breast,

I'm still a whiskey noob, but for damn that bottle went too fast :tup: Good flavor, not to harsh, very easy to sip neat. Mrs. Selkirk even manage to enjoy a glass! Which after her episode attempting to shoot Laphroig is a step in the right direction :P

What can I say about Red Breast,

I'm still a whiskey noob, but for damn that bottle went too fast :tup: Good flavor, not to harsh, very easy to sip neat. Mrs. Selkirk even manage to enjoy a glass! Which after her episode attempting to shoot Laphroig is a step in the right direction :P

Thanks for the review! I'll have to pick some up when my Jameson 1780 is out.

Have you seen the show "The Thirsty Traveller"? Recently I saw an episode where the host toured Scotland, and stopped on the island of Islay. He swung by the Laphroaig refinery and tried a pour. The dude visibly winced, said "Now that's a man's drink", and then excused himself to "enjoy" the drink in silence - "it grabs your attention and makes you want to enjoy the drink". I wonder if he dumped it out? :lmao: Anyways, that's a hardcore scotch for true lovers of peaty smoky malt. :-)

I've got Taliskers on my Christmas list... hope to get a bottle...

:lmao: yeah, I can see that response. You'd think for a professional consumer of alcohol he'd have a bit more backbone though :lmao:

Now it's time for the little bottle of Maker's Mark :)

When my Laphroaig is gone (I've got the 15 year), I may try the Lagavulin 16 year. It's also a hard-core Islay, but has different qualities - like all good scotch. I'm learning that the Scotch world is like a whole world of whisky unto itself - so many varieties, flavors, and styles. And so little time and money. :-)

tvash says you’re not able to get your money’s worth out of your climbing equipment so maybe you should just spend all your money on alcohol

bugger off poser. your head is way too big for what you actually can do and have done.

as for Tvash, you and he should hang out. you are two assholes that are perfect for one another.

• 8 months later...

Today started out as one of those days where you contemplate throwing yourself out the window.

Then you remember your only 1 story up. That's just far enough to break a leg or an ankle and ruin your climbing season, but only far enough to get you out of a day or two's worth work. Dammnit, they gave me a laptop and I could work from hospital. bugger all.

However after

10 yr old Single Malt Irish Whiskey

:)

My day is vastly improved :tup: :tup:

warm, sweet, smooth.

Just doesn't get much better :brew:

Today started out as one of those days where you contemplate throwing yourself out the window.

Then you remember your only 1 story up. That's just far enough to break a leg or an ankle and ruin your climbing season, but only far enough to get you out of a day or two's worth work. Dammnit, they gave me a laptop and I could work from hospital. bugger all.

However after

10 yr old Single Malt Irish Whiskey

:)

My day is vastly improved :tup: :tup:

warm, sweet, smooth.

Just doesn't get much better :brew:

Yes, that Bushmills single malt is great! I picked up a bottle a couple of months ago, and at first didn't like it. It's not as sweet as Irish Whiskey. Then it grew on me. I still have maybe 1/4 of the bottle left, maybe a little less. I've been enjoying it on climbs at base camp - just a 50 ml dram while I watch the sunset and let it sooth away the stiff and sore muscles and relax the mind for the climb the next day.

Right now I'm enjoying a dram of Highland Park 12 year. It's peaty and smoky like all island malts, but not as strong as Laphroaig, Talisker or others. It's got a pleasant sweetness as well.

Enjoy your uisce beatha, friend! :brew:

What are you talking about, it IS a dude! :lmao:

kidding

Couloir can always be counted upon to provide continuous entertainment value with his choice of avatars. I'd stake my life upon it, which ain't worth much, but at least it's somethin'...

tvash says you’re not able to get your money’s worth out of your climbing equipment so maybe you should just spend all your money on alcohol

bugger off poser. your head is way too big for what you actually can do and have done.

as for Tvash, you and he should hang out. you are two assholes that are perfect for one another.

Jebus, I don't even have to participate in a thread to precipitate an argument.

Besides, two assholes do NOT go together...a dick and an asshole do, however.

Recommendation: if KKK ever sells his gear, buy it. It's bound to be in like-new condition.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...