Alcohol

ScottP

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laphroig. Straight up.

preferably the 15 year.

Yes. Or McCallans, the 18 year if you can afford it.

or GOOD tequila, there's tequila WAY beyond Patron that you actually want to drink straight because it tastes good!

or Arrogant Bastard ale.

Worst hangover I can remember was after a night of downing Rusty Nails. That drambuie is a vile liquid.

I've never gotten drunk from drambuie or drambuie drinks. I have it in a single cocktail (probably about equal to 2 beers in alcohol content). I don't really get shitty drunk anymore... strong buzz from time to time though. I don't think scotch, drambuie, gin, or a variety of other liquors are good to get drunk of - the infusions, impurities, etc give you a nasty hangover. I always stuck with decent vodka or rum back in my heavy drinkin' days.

Anyone here had any träsch? It's a Swiss apple or pear schnapps. Totally nasty by itself but apparently nice in coffee. I've only had it straight. :sick:

I like the stuff where you know you're drinking alcohol (grappa, scotch, pastis, kirsch etc.). That and a good dark beer. :brew: