The GODDAMN BUSH ECONOMY!

Peter_Puget

Can you summarize it in 50 words for us?

ah man, you didn't even define "significant".

but ok. foreign investors (saudi arabia, kuwait, japan, korea etc) see a gold mine in battered US financials with the downturn and weak dollar, so they are snapping up ownership of citigroup, merrill lynch etc. for what seems like a song. basically it's indicative of a belief that the recent troubles are of course cyclical, and have pushed prices to unrealistic levels.

i personally think that the mitigatory process might take a few years, but that these stocks will rebound strongly. i'm reminded of boeing stock in '01 or so, sitting at around 30 a share. umm, no brainer? i think it was up to 107 recently. so almost a %400 percent return in five years. compare that to a standard bond return, or cd or such. sure there's a gamble involved, but life's a gamble, and some gambles smell like something youthful and vigorous.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While she would not be my first choice, yes, I'd vote for Hillary over the current crop of republican choices, especially given the recent record. Thank goodness Bush will soon be relegated to the one chore he seems to be fit for, clearing brush at his Texas ranch. What a legacy.

Stop the presses! Jim is voting for a Democrat! It took 7 years of Bush to make him take this drastic step!

While she would not be my first choice, yes, I'd vote for Hillary over the current crop of republican choices, especially given the recent record. Thank goodness Bush will soon be relegated to the one chore he seems to be fit for, clearing brush at his Texas ranch. What a legacy.

do you really think it's that bad? i fail to see it as the most drastically and acutely horrendous period the US has ever suffered through because of a presidency. hell, things aren't even that "bad"!

i think it's partisanship that colors your outlook something severe.

What about her little crying session a week ago. I'm not being treated fair so I'm going to go cry. Hell what she going to do faced with a big decision?

i thought christians were supposed to be loving and charitable?

why don't you figure out why she was crying, instead of being a sinner?

she's a crocodile

your partisanship will allow you no other possibility.

What about her little crying session a week ago. I'm not being treated fair so I'm going to go cry. Hell what she going to do faced with a big decision?

Always back to the Christian thing. You must be insecure. Someone who is running for president shouldn't be sitting around crying for themselves. Did Kennedy sit around and cry when the Soviets were putting nukes in Cuba??? She got issues.

Why don't you take the log out of your eye before you accuse me of being a sinner.

Edited by Seahawks

she's a crocodile

your partisanship will allow you no other possibility.

it's a joke, man, jeez

You must be insecure. Someone who is running for president shouldn't be sitting around crying for themselves.

judge not, lest ye be judged. you don't know why she was crying.

Why don't you take the log out of your eye before you accuse me of being a sinner.

what log? plus, i do not claim to be a christian, therefore i do not suffer from the hypocrisy of a self-proclaimed christian attacking others.

You must be insecure. Someone who is running for president shouldn't be sitting around crying for themselves.

judge not, lest ye be judged. you don't know why she was crying.

what log? plus, i do not claim to be a christian, therefore i do not suffer from the hypocrisy of a self-proclaimed christian attacking others.

So it okay for future President to be sitting around crying becuase others are attacking her character???? I personally see that a personality flaw and someone I wouldn't vote for. She is weak. And yes I can have judgements about people. Its okay.

tell you wut, a board in my damn eye'd make me cry. Even a stupid log would. nuff said

and where the hell do they get board in your eye anyway? why not a goddamn rock, or a piece of papyrus or a date palm or a camel. Why a board? Maybe Dwayner knows.

So it okay for future President to be sitting around crying becuase others are attacking her character???? I personally see that a personality flaw and someone I wouldn't vote for. She is weak. And yes I can have judgements about people. Its okay.

you are a strange christian. yes, it is ok to cry. jesus himself wept. you would be like the romans judging him.

do you really think it's that bad? i fail to see it as the most drastically and acutely horrendous period the US has ever suffered through because of a presidency. hell, things aren't even that "bad"!

You're kidding, right? Even the Republican candidates are running from the Bush legacy. Let's see, where to start. Faking the intelligence and starting an unnecessary war, cutting taxes at the same time, allowing an average of 7% increase in domestic spending a year while the Repubs held sway, passing a Medicare bill that's a deficit hog and giveaway to the drug companies, making the US the torture leader of the free world, losing all the world good will we had after 911 and those strategic alliances, putting in political hacks instead of seasoned diplomats in charge of Iraq, dropping the ball on Afganinstan where the Taliban is on the rise, loosening the reins on financial institutions that lead to the sub-prime repackaging fiasco, illegal wire taps on US citizens, extrodinary rendition, Gitmo, generous tax breaks for corporations and the rich that have added to the deficit. The list is quite long.

In short - it's been a while since we had someone so bad on all presidential fronts. Tell me what exactly has gone well under this idiot. It's going to take a long time to dig out of the mess we've made in Iraq and the finances at home. Our kids will be paying for this mess. And then there's the lost opportunities. Instead of spending $40 billion a month in the desert we could have been investing in infrastructure, education, and health care at home.

If there were a true fiscal conservative and social progressive in the Republican race I'd take a serious look at them. But, for whatever reason, the Republican party has abandonded their true fiscal conservative roots with Reagan and haven't looked back since.

Jim's referring to the opportunity cost of the Bush presidency; how far down he took us from where we were when he took office (and how far down we are from where we could have been had he not). This is no where near the most horrendous period of our history, as compared with the Civil War, WWII, the Depression, etc, but I think he's right when the qualifier "because of a presidency" is added. Bush has certainly been one of, if not THE most, damaging presidents in our history. We are only now beginning to feel the serious long term effects of both his failed policies and unwillingness to enact much needed policies.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I would think a generous injection would stimulate this sleepy economy. It just requires the right package.

I think this type of stimulus could be readily available and the right package could arise. However too generous an injection might end up being a drawback to a sleepy economy and also bring on an undesireable (and quite economical) response.

I would think a generous injection would stimulate this sleepy economy. It just requires the right package.

I think this type of stimulus could be readily available and the right package could arise. However too generous an injection might end up being a drawback to a sleepy economy and also bring on an undesireable (and quite economic) response.

The reduction in money supply might not be enough to offset rapid inflation.

You're kidding, right? Even the Republican candidates are running from the Bush legacy. Let's see, where to start. Faking the intelligence and starting an unnecessary war, cutting taxes at the same time, allowing an average of 7% increase in domestic spending a year while the Repubs held sway, passing a Medicare bill that's a deficit hog and giveaway to the drug companies, making the US the torture leader of the free world, losing all the world good will we had after 911 and those strategic alliances, putting in political hacks instead of seasoned diplomats in charge of Iraq, dropping the ball on Afganinstan where the Taliban is on the rise, loosening the reins on financial institutions that lead to the sub-prime repackaging fiasco, illegal wire taps on US citizens, extrodinary rendition, Gitmo, generous tax breaks for corporations and the rich that have added to the deficit. The list is quite long.

In short - it's been a while since we had someone so bad on all presidential fronts. Tell me what exactly has gone well under this idiot. It's going to take a long time to dig out of the mess we've made in Iraq and the finances at home. Our kids will be paying for this mess. And then there's the lost opportunities. Instead of spending $40 billion a month in the desert we could have been investing in infrastructure, education, and health care at home.

If there were a true fiscal conservative and social progressive in the Republican race I'd take a serious look at them. But, for whatever reason, the Republican party has abandonded their true fiscal conservative roots with Reagan and haven't looked back since.

Your kidding right, must you be refered back to ms Clinton speach on how the war was justified and Iraq was building weapons of mass destruction. Democrats were in on it too. I do agree with the Reagan abandonment. Republicans fiscal responsibility has been sucking. Hell Clinton did a better job of that.

http://clinton.senate.gov/speeches/iraq_101002.html

Please read the speech over and over you liberals. This is who you are voting for. LOL