Meet your fellow CC.com typers

Pencil_Pusher

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pencil,

bro i tried this last winter, everyone wanted to go, but no one had the time.

i even offered my house and an alternate and even lined up the keg. if people still want to do it, i will help organize.

oh, by the way i am my screen name!

house rulez:

1. no fighting until the host kisses your old lady.

2. no fighting until there is at least a $100 kitty. the house get 75%

3. no fightting if you are beating up the host

4. no guns, knives or ice tools....the house will provide all weapons

5. no fighting because the other guy doesn't eat red meat

6. if you spill beer...be ready to fight

7. if want to drive drunk....be ready to fight

8. if you are wearing a lycra tights be ready to fight

9. all must have tons of fun

10. no can-yucks (we gotta be 1/2 way classy)

if we can agree to these rulz then it will be a good party.

THESE WERE THE HOUSE RULZ WHEN I PARTIED A LONG TIME AGO. THOUGH I STILL SEE THEM FITTING.

How about reserving eightmile campground (or another campground up icicle) for about 25 and having a weekend bash. Friday and Sat night and put it way out in August or Sept or Oct so people can plan. Suggest bringing significant others too. It doesn't need to be a show off fest, but maybe an opportunity to climb with the girls too and show them we are not all obsessed with our own agendas. Girls just want to have fun!

This internet stuff is a disease and is totally contrary to what climbing is all about. In Europe, people of all ages who recreate at all levels (from wheelchairs to multi day wall climbs to alpine extreme to regular 5.9 climbing) all meet in the huts either for the day or to spend the night. They do in person what we do on line. The whole thing is really cool because you meet so many interesting people in real life. Talking on the internet is good for beta, but is not social. Personally, climbing is more than just the climbing. It's the car ride, the music, the drinking, the smoking, and meeting other peole with similar interests and interesting stories with alternative points of view. I'll help Eric if the feedback is positive. Eric, perhaps your idea of a party was bad timing because it was winter. Lets try again!!!

Yeah Beck whats with this weenie nonsmoking bar stuff. You don't go into a bar for your health and nonsmoking bars are dull dull dull. You need to go to France so the Frech can make fun of you for being an uptight American while they blow smoke in your face.

I like the large campsite idea. Getting everyone to meet for climbing and beer would have the biggest draw.

I'm game for a session! It's up to you now Eric, when and where? I don't know if the camping thing is as easy as simply bowls and brews at your place? Or, a smokey bar somewhere. Do you have ample space in your yard for overintoxicated yahoos to set up their tents, sounds like it's a strong possibility from this group. If strickland comes up from OR. he may have trouble finding any friends willing to let him crash, poor guy. Let's not talk about it, lets do it already! I'll bring some bc grown fatties to share...\"/ Nothing like it!

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

dru, you won't have to hassle with the border crossing. bro's gotta stick together, though i still will not share my girlfriend.

That's cool I'm not into sloppy 2nds on inflatables anyways!

quote:

Originally posted by lisa:

If strickland comes up from OR. he may have trouble finding any friends willing to let him crash, poor guy

Well damn, I've already ostracized myself to the point that I'm not even welcome to pass out in the yard? Sheeeyyaaattt, I better start kissing some ass huh?

And hey, what's with the no cans? I like to suck down a PBR or two between the bottles of Taddy Porter, keeps me semi-coherent. Besides, drunk climbers and glass (bottles that is) maybe aren't the best combination. I say a couple of kegs would be in order...

[This message has been edited by willstrickland (edited 07-03-2001).]

Ok we need to start voting on the place to paaaaaaaartee! But before we choose between icicle creek or Tacoma let me throw out one more choice. Private cabin in Mazama on 10 acres, woods and field, lots of camping sites, big deck, furniture, barbeque grills, fire pit, pick nick tables , all on the methow river (a short hike) for swimming and washing. It's not mine but I have free use as long as you don't steal things or burn the place down. Anyway it's a great place and you won't have to worry about any rangers telling us to tone it down! Besides, it's even further for Strickland, but closer to Wash. Pass!!

Does anyone want to make a not-quite-so-big-a-production out of this and just meet up for drinks some evening after work? Like at the Virginia Inn in downtown Seattle or the Roanoke Inn over on Mercer Island?(I don't live there, but it'sa nice bike ride over there and the roanoke's deck ROCKS!!!)

I'm not going to waste a weekend camping in someone's backyard- get real dudes(and ladies) I'LL be going out to the MOUNTAINS!!