Taking off Tele bindings & putting on AT bindings

Blake

Does anyone have any advice regarding the difficulties or headaches involved in removing tele bindings from a pair of skis and replacing them with dynafit AT bindings? Is this even possible? Assuming the holes don't line up and interfere, what is done to the old binding holes?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think going from tele bindings to AT bindings is any different than switching out any other type of bindings. I doubt you can reuse the existing holes, so you'll probably need to redrill for the new mount. If you do it yourself, make sure your new holes are not too close to the old ones.

I think they sell some sort of plugs you can buy and epoxy in the holes, but I don't know if you can just use just epoxy alone. It seems like I remember someone telling me that the plugs where better because they mimicked the flex of the ski or some shit.

shouldn't be a big deal if you go to a shop.

It's a pretty easy fix. Your local mountain shop should be able to handle that with relative ease. If you do in yourself you can get plugs from ski shops and fill those holes. Pay close attention to the distances between pieces and the way they line up if you do it on your own. Good luck.

Yep, no problem. That's exactly what I did on my skis. Plug the holes.

If you're planning on mounting the dynafits on your own, do it on an old pair of worthless skis first. There's a lot to learn by just doing it and it will ensure that you do it right on your good boards.

hey blake, im going to be mounting up a new pair of dynafits as soon as my new icelantic skis get here. ive mounted a few pairs and have all the neat-O drill bits and plastic fill hole deals...if you can wait a week or two you could head up to glacier and i could hook yah up!

Does anyone have any advice regarding the difficulties or headaches involved in removing tele bindings from a pair of skis and replacing them with dynafit AT bindings?

Upon removal of the tele bindings, you will immediately become soulless. Proceed at your own risk. :laf: