The sad loss of a legend

Checat

I'm sure the people closer to him who normally post on this website are still coping with this and will post over time, thought it is important to recognize the loss of a legend in Oregon rock-climbing: Jim Anglin. A report is available from Oregon Live.com. I'm not savvy to links so if someone takes this over, no prob.

Still reeling from it myself I thought others who knew of him and his exploits should know.

It happened on Sunday

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

got this in an email from a friend win the area. its from the local paper.

Sunday morning, 55-year-old Jim Anglin of White Salmon, Wash. and two friends went on a climbing trip to the southeast end of Smith Rock State Park. The three were descending into the gorge along a steep climbers trail when Anglin lost his footing and fell 100 feet to his death. Search and Rescue teams from the Deschutes County Sheriff's office responded and recovered Anglin's body from the bottom of the gorge. Paramedics from the Redmond Fire Department confirmed that he had died from the fall. Anglin and his climbing partners had been heading down into the gorge to climb routes in that area of the park. Anglin, an experienced rock climber, and his partners were outfitted with all of the appropriate climbing gear. However, he was not wearing a helmet at the time of the fall